Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Dear GOD please let this be it

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote no to the ugly camaro OP wants them to produce.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camaroo1
Not to mention the automatic L99 camaros get that stupid VVT crap. Just what a muscle car guy wants........Enhanced valvetrain
The inlet rocker arm is offset 6 mm between the valve tip and rocker bolt/push rod to enable a more direct intake port. The intake valve diameter is 55.0 mm and the exhaust valve diameter is 40.4. Intake and exhaust lift art at 12.7mm. The valvetrain was modified to interface with a cam phaser to provide 30 degrees of cam phaser authority. AFM Lifters in cylinders 1,4,6, and 7 and the AFM control system enables V4 operation at engine operating conditions where V4 mode is more efficient.

I want my new 400HP Camaro to run on 4 cylinders when i'm cruising.....OH and to look like a transformer......i'm just so tricky...GM I LOVE YOU.....you make me feel like i'm a real transformer! I'm so cool...............I might just transform into THE BIGGEST WEENIE ...so watch out!
...dude, chill out.... You don't like the 5th gen, we get it. You're at trolololololololollll status right now
Old 12-09-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not to mention the automatic L99 camaros get that stupid VVT crap. Just what a muscle car guy wants........Enhanced valvetrain
The inlet rocker arm is offset 6 mm between the valve tip and rocker bolt/push rod to enable a more direct intake port. The intake valve diameter is 55.0 mm and the exhaust valve diameter is 40.4. Intake and exhaust lift art at 12.7mm. The valvetrain was modified to interface with a cam phaser to provide 30 degrees of cam phaser authority. AFM Lifters in cylinders 1,4,6, and 7 and the AFM control system enables V4 operation at engine operating conditions where V4 mode is more efficient.

I want my new 400HP Camaro to run on 4 cylinders when i'm cruising.....OH and to look like a transformer......i'm just so tricky...GM I LOVE YOU.....you make me feel like i'm a real transformer! I'm so cool...............I might just transform into THE BIGGEST WEENIE ...so watch out!
If you don't like the camaro fine! Just stfu...you've made your point!
Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That rendering is hideous.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:29 AM
Launching!

dude, chill out.... You don't like the 5th gen, we get it. You're at trolololololololollll status right now

lol but I have to say I wouldnt buy one used down the road. That is sad
Old 12-13-2012, 05:06 AM
Captain Double Post

I love 2nd gens and do not like that car,imo 2nd gens over 5th gens anyday,dont hate on the ls3 is not underpowered at all,its just in a big tank,
Old 12-13-2012, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

When bolton/mildly modded 98-02 ls1's are running the same times as your 550hp ZL1, you have serious issues performance wise. The weight is unforgivable and the Styling has convinced me that GM intends on going off in a direction that I don't care to follow.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Entity83
When bolton/mildly modded 98-02 ls1's are running the same times as your 550hp ZL1, you have serious issues performance wise. The weight is unforgivable and the Styling has convinced me that GM intends on going off in a direction that I don't care to follow.
Finally some reality!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Wow sorry its only my opinion but that car is butt ugly.
Its not just you.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Unfortuneatly Gm has lost its mind and will forever more turn out over priced garbage that no one but a select few mught buy. Can you imagine the sales if they just updated the 02 Camaro and firebird with some side airbags and a little style changes?

I'm a diehard GM guy but I wouldn't buy the new camaro ! Its so effin ugly and stupid looking only a complete moron would be seen in one. Recently I thought I would bite the bullet and just go test drive one, as I got close up to it I realized there is NOWAY I could look at such a mess everyday. It has no lines, no character, NOTHINg. It just sits there looking like someones nightmare mess that made it to production.

GM you are a bunch of stupid AZZES!
Select few that wants to buy? They built the 5th gen for the masses, and it worked. "car guys/gear heads" make up roughly 1% of the new car buyers.. You really think a bare optioned (no nav/no heated seats, no 20" rims, no oversized brakes, etc etc) would go over well JUST so it can weigh 3400#s? In todays world, absolutely not.. That would be about one of the biggest mistakes one could make.

Now, if they made something of a choice for a "stripper" model, this might be a valid option.. But making it the standard.

Yes, I can imagine the sales if they revised the 98-02 Camaro/Firebird... HORRIBLE. Styling has simply changed in the past few years. I LOVE fbody cars, I own two Ls1 cars and the GF owns one.. However, the sells sucked in 2002 and they would suck even worse with a slightly different model. They weren't selling! Why? Mainly because they were geared a little more towards the "car guys", unlike the Mustang that was selling phenomenal.
For once in a long long time, the Camaro has out sold the Mustang, they must be doing something right!

This might be Earth shattering to you.. Do you realize that the V6 models are the "selling force" behind any of the pony cars? For every 1 V8 model you see, you will see 10 of the base V6 models. They don't build these cars for us, they build them to sell.

You are 1 of 3 things... Ignorant, stupid, or just so biased you can't see the facts.... Or possibly a mix/all three.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

O.. Thread topic... Redesigned split bumper, YES PLEASE!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:51 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,661 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
You really think a bare optioned (no nav/no heated seats, no 20" rims, no oversized brakes, etc etc) would go over well JUST so it can weigh 3400#s? In todays world, absolutely not.. That would be about one of the biggest mistakes one could make.
This is absolutely right. A bare optioned car with no gadgets would go over GREAT in my personal garage, but not in the eyes of the general public.

GM needs to sell cars to stay in business, it's really just that simple. And part of selling cars is that you must appeal to the largest potential group possibile within your segment. The 5th gen seems to have accomplished this quite well, but unfortunately for me, my likes and dislikes are just not in line with today's general opinion on styling and features/gadgets/technology/etc. I'm one of probably only a handful of people that would instantly, without hesitation, pass up a 5th gen in favor of a brand new 4th gen with a factory installed LS3 and full warranty. To me, that would be a far better car. But I realize that this is not how the vast majority of people feel, so I don't really blame GM for the route they took with the 5th gen. It was a business decision that makes sense from a business perspective.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Looks neat, If affordable..

Quick Reply: Dear GOD please let this be it