Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

94 Z28 need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Z28 need help

Ok, LT1 6 speed has fresh t56, and K&N cold air intake, thats it. It has started missing. It is throwing no codes, i took maf sensor off and cleaned, went back to running fine. Today it was raining, and I filled gas tank up. It was hardly noticable before I got gas. After, went to running like @^&*. Took maf off cleaned, still doing the same. Checked for vacume leaks hoses, intake, found none changed fuel filter and air filter. It does have the cat on it, I hear it rattle, so its going this weekend. Its my daily driver until I finish other project, and have no idea where to start. Thanks
Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by theduck777
Ok, LT1 6 speed has fresh t56, and K&N cold air intake, thats it. It has started missing. It is throwing no codes, i took maf sensor off and cleaned, went back to running fine. Today it was raining, and I filled gas tank up. It was hardly noticable before I got gas. After, went to running like @^&*. Took maf off cleaned, still doing the same. Checked for vacume leaks hoses, intake, found none changed fuel filter and air filter. It does have the cat on it, I hear it rattle, so its going this weekend. Its my daily driver until I finish other project, and have no idea where to start. Thanks
Hey man, I had a white ls trans am a while back and the maf turned out to be bad. Sometimes depending on what you clean it with can damage it. Try swapping mafs and see what she does then. That's my best guess. Good luck!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 159 Likes on 144 Posts

Could it be the Optispark?
Old 03-16-2013, 08:11 PM

Thanks for the replies. Removed cat, and welded straight 3inch exhaust back in today. The cat had been hollowed out, which causes turbulance. Slight improvment. The MAF is next. Now for the optispark, I haven't checked real good, but its getting proper fire. I have heard complaints about the optispark and waterpumps leaking causing corrosion, thus ruining optispark. I have another idea. When it had rained and I was having the problem, i noticed insulation wet under hood slightly. It was from the seals of the factory bull$%%^ vents leaking. I wonder if the optispark problem is experienced mostly from that instead of waterpump.

Quick Reply: 94 Z28 need help