Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

01 camaro stalls driving down road help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 camaro stalls driving down road help please

2001 camaro ls1 heads,cam dyno tuned.ok guys i just got this car in feb and just put it on the road yesterday.so my first ride with it i went about 20 miles no problems ran strong went to my buddies house shut it off hung out for about 20 mins.When i went to leave the car would not start spun over fast without even trying to fire.tryed it again about ten mins later fired right up.I then drove home about 15 miles shut the car off went inside to get some stuff came back out about 10 mins later and did the same thing just spin over and over would not start again let it sit awhile. after trying it a couple more times it finally started.and when it does start it fires right up first revolution of motor.Then i brought my wife for a ride (she wanted a ride in our new toy).about 5 miles down the road it just shut right off i coasted off the road same thing just spin over and over would not attempt to start.i had a cresent wrench with me so i disconnected the battery for a few mins.(I noticed the terminal was a little lose but the car was spinning over so good i wouldnt think that was the problem.)Anyway after reconnecting the battery on the second attemp to start if fired up.I then drove it home no problems pulled it in the garage shut it off.tryed to restart same thing just spin over and over.I dont know if this car was doing this with the last owner conveniently he wont awnser his phone.I can hear the fuel pump working its a high volume aftermarket. Its not throwing any codes.I dont know were to start please help me.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

replaced the ignition relay seems to have cured problem

Quick Reply: 01 camaro stalls driving down road help please