Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

95 Camaro Fuel Pump Replacement (Successfully Cutting Access A Access Panel)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 95 Camaro Fuel Pump Replacement (Successfully Cutting Access A Access Panel)

I decided to cut a Access panel to my fuel pump. Rather then Removing the rear axle and moving my brand new exhaust. The job in all took about 45 minutes. I recommend this procedure to anyone that needs to replace they're fuel pump or sending unit assembly. I used a square to make my lines for a perfect rectangle. I used a electric cut off tool. I know gas and sparks don't mix. But as long as you have no fuel leaks back there you will be fine. It's sealed tighter then a drum. I seen other forums that showed a L shaped cut. For easier access to the quick connect fuel line connectors . I didn't find that necessary. I was able to access those lines with ease. I went with a Delphi pump. Rather then a cheap Auto part store pump. I wanted what was stock . Here's some pictures they are pretty much self explanatory.NOTE: Be very careful when removing the sending unit assembly. You dont want to break the plastic clip that hold the rod for the float to the sending unit. If you do break it or bend it to where it no longer holds it in place you can use a small zip tie. It takes some finesse to properly set the unit in to the tank. I hope you find this information helpful and save yourself time and money!
Attached Thumbnails 95 Camaro Fuel Pump Replacement (Successfully Cutting Access A Access Panel)-camaro-fuel-pump-access-panel.jpg   95 Camaro Fuel Pump Replacement (Successfully Cutting Access A Access Panel)-camaro-fuel-pump-access-panel-2.jpg  

Last edited by Brian Rybak; 04-06-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats a smart move!

Quick Reply: 95 Camaro Fuel Pump Replacement (Successfully Cutting Access A Access Panel)