Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

2001 Camaro rear passenger rattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Camaro rear passenger rattle

I really need some help...

I am having a rattle on my rear passenger side right by where the control arms are and when I put my hand to where the legs are supposed to be if you sit in the rear passenger seat, I can feel like something is loose and moving...but when I get there from under the car, everything is tight as hell.

Exhaust and all suspension parts have been checked, everything is fine, nothing loose. So here is my guess...2 years ago I put in Edelbrock lower control arms with poly bushings... could this be the problem? The rattle is pretty bad, I hear it on every little rock my rear right tire goes over or imperfection in the road, it's driving me crazy.

First I thought it was a shock, but I put in new shocks last year, Bilstein HDs and the ride is fine. I also have Eibach PRO Kit springs.

Can anyone help me out with this problem? Could the poly bushing be rattling on the right lower control arm? What could I do about it if so?
Old 07-11-2013, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Dude, I'm getting a CRAZY rattle too. And it goes away in the rain. And like you, I went under the car and EVERYTHING is tight as hell. From what I've read now, it looks like I might have a torque arm bolt that's loose. That's the next thing to check.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Teching In

+1
same exact problem!!
Old 08-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Phantom_WS6
I really need some help...

I am having a rattle on my rear passenger side right by where the control arms are and when I put my hand to where the legs are supposed to be if you sit in the rear passenger seat, I can feel like something is loose and moving...but when I get there from under the car, everything is tight as hell.

Exhaust and all suspension parts have been checked, everything is fine, nothing loose. So here is my guess...2 years ago I put in Edelbrock lower control arms with poly bushings... could this be the problem? The rattle is pretty bad, I hear it on every little rock my rear right tire goes over or imperfection in the road, it's driving me crazy.

First I thought it was a shock, but I put in new shocks last year, Bilstein HDs and the ride is fine. I also have Eibach PRO Kit springs.

Can anyone help me out with this problem? Could the poly bushing be rattling on the right lower control arm? What could I do about it if so?
OK. Raise car with wheels hanging free. Get a can of good spray lube with a good "straw". Spray all rear support bushings. Let car down on all 4's. Rock it up and down several times. Re-raise it/repeat entire process. Should stop your noise.

If not, raise it on a drive-on ramp this time. Spray same places again. Let it down on all 4's and rock it again. Somewhere in there you should eliminate the 'rattle'. "...doesn't do it in rainy weather..."...= the rain water temporarily lubricates your bushings!
HTH,
Sam

Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro rear passenger rattle