Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

2001 Camaro build

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Camaro build

I've had the car for about 2 years and now it's time for something new. 114,000 miles, 6 speed, pewter, bone stock 2001 Camaro SS except for the Spec stage 2 clutch I installed about a year and a half ago and the BS Street Lites I put on about 6 months ago. The only things I hate about the car is that it's slow, looks like a monster truck, and it has t-tops.

The plans are to keep the stock bottom end for budget purposes but still have hopefully 450/450 hp and tq (minimum) to the wheels and the reliability to daily drive with track sessions here and there.

I've got the motor out and completely disassembled to inspect the bearings, rings, etc.

The only problem I see with my unprofessional eyes are the rods to rod bearing surfaces.

All eight look like that but there are not any grooves or scratches that I can feel. Like I said though, I'm no pro.

I've got a set of 243 heads I purchased off a guy on here and I want to hear everyone else's opinion on what I should do with this setup. I was thinking MS4 cam with the cnc'd heads and I'm not sure on everything else. I've got about 3k to spend on everything and less would be fantastic of course.

Thanks for reading and helping out but it's time for me to start my spring cleaning.

Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro build