Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

[FIX]p1133/p1153 not O2's

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [FIX]p1133/p1153 not O2's

So recently I had installed true duals similar to the Kooks system (but 2.5") and had the car tuned. Four days later I went on a cruise from Sacramento to Alameda with the local Camaro club. Trip out was fun with no issues, return trip ended strange. Got into Sacramento and stopped at store. When I left the car started stumbling under throttle and took a feather touch to keep it moving without dying. I let it cool and it worked fine till 3 blocks from my house when it started again. No codes that day. The next day it drove fine to work but had a pending MAF code. Didn't get beck to the car all week (out of town work) and it seemed to only happen on the 90°+ days. Occasionally it would have a pending p1133/p1153 but it would never store. I changed the front O2's and thought the problem was resolved. Unfortunately I was wrong. Took a trip to Tahoe that left me on a tow truck. On that trip I checked pressure at the bleeder valve on the fuel line. It came out in spurts with lots of air and it was very hot. I checked the temp on the tank at it was frying pan hot. What was happening is the exhaust was super heating the fuel tank and causing vapor lock. I had removed the heat shields under the tank to fit the exhaust. I wrapped the pipe in header wrap and put sticky back heat shielding on the gas tank. Problem resolved.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

I know I'm reviving an old thread here but...

if you have an EFI car... how is your system getting vapor locked?

I only bring this up because I have a starting issue where the engine isn't getting any fuel when she's warm on startup, and thought vapor locking might be the issue.

Quick Reply: [FIX]p1133/p1153 not O2's