Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Spence's Z Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Spence's Z Build Thread

So after totaling my last one.. I have been actively searching for a replacement. As you guys could imagine, I've been looking for another LS1 car. I was starting to think about just boosting my 2000 Dakota which was always my DD, when a buddy approached me one day towards the beginning of summer with the idea of buying a car he had for sale, a 95 Z/28 M6 in Medium Quasar Metallic. A week later, it was mine. I was pleased to see receipts dating back to early 1996. The car is outfitted with all the basic boltons; intake, stepped longtubes, no cats, B&B Tri-Flow cat-back, electric water pump, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, and the LT1edit tuning software. All I've done so far are cleaning it up and some appearance mods. Did the Berger mod, added a shift light for ***** and giggles, took off the body kit (receipts from 1997), and cleaned the life outta it. Plan on driving it for the rest of the summer to work out any kinks, and then slowly turn it into a low 11 second car. So here's a build thread, or atleast my version of one. Let's see how it goes why don't we?
Attached Thumbnails Spence's Z Build Thread-image.jpg  
Old 08-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Here's some pics... iPhone only let time me upload them one at a time, post for post... Sorry. Here's one from the day I got it.. I'll see if I can't post some video tomorrow..
Attached Thumbnails Spence's Z Build Thread-image.jpg  
Old 08-06-2014, 09:00 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like it has ROH ZS wheels. I haven't seen those for quite some time; very period correct. Looks good!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

They most certainly are ROH ZS's. So I just found out some bad news. Over the past few weeks I noticed some blue haze coming from the exhausts. I figured it was the valve seals and didnt drive the car until I had the funds to take car of it. Took it to a family friend's garage so that he can change the oil pan gasket and the intake gaskets. I told him about the valve seals and he said he would check them out. Turns out I wasnt lucky enough for it to be valve seals, but it was the rings. They were trashed. I guess my cylinder walls are beat to hell. Calling there today to see what the options are... Will either get bored to clean up the walls, and then made into a stroker, a rebuilt LT1, a 5.3 swap or a LS1 swap. Not exactly the news I was hoping to hear....

Quick Reply: Spence's Z Build Thread