Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

97 camaro ss 30th anniversary. What do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 camaro ss 30th anniversary. What do I have?

So I recently purchased my first camaro, it's an awesome car, I love it! I've been trying to figure out exactly what I have and am getting a little confused, the car is black the paint code is 41u so it has always been black but it has grey leather 30th anniversary seats, from what I've been reading the 30th anniversary edition was arctic white, right? I've checked the vin through the sve site and verified that it is an ss, build #1303, but from what I've read the 3 don't add up, being black, an ss and an anniversary edition. Does anyone know what I really have? How many like this were built? Any help for the newly curious is appreciated!
Old 04-25-2015, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I know, Camaros in 1997 had the seats embroidered with the 30th logo, just because it was the 30th year of the Camaro. Even though you don't have the special edition, the seats are marked anyway. Same with my buddy's 2002 V6 Camaro. His has a 35th anniversary plaque somewhere on the dash I think, but neither his nor your car were the anniversary "special edition" cars. You are correct, all of the 30th anniversary "edition" cars are Arctic White with Hugger Orange stripes.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:28 PM

I couldn't correct you if I tried! My seats aren't embroidered, it's like stamped in, I suppose they could be aftermarket seats as well. Thank you very much!
Old 04-25-2015, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsjustdude
I couldn't correct you if I tried! My seats aren't embroidered, it's like stamped in, I suppose they could be aftermarket seats as well. Thank you very much!
Sure thing. And I guess that is what I meant! After looking around myself, it looks like all 1997 Camaros have it "stamped" in there, cloth or leather. Of course the anniversary edition cars have the white interiors, and those have a nice, colorful logo embroidered into the headrest part of the seat.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Yes all 97 had the 30th stamped in the seats because it was the 30th year.

Quick Reply: 97 camaro ss 30th anniversary. What do I have?