Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Engine blow by??? Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine blow by??? Help

Hello all, just bought my 2000 SS about 3 weeks ago and have been dealing with some issues...But today while engine was running I was checking my oil and noticed white smoke coming from dipstick. Took off oil filler cap and noticed quite a bit more of smoke coming out of it as well. Also, once the engine warms up quite a bit of white smoke comes out both tailpipes as well that has a strong odor of fuel and quite a bit of water dripping. Got a chance to take off one of the spark plugs tonight and just take a look at what it looks like plan on doing a compression test soon. Oil looks fine and car still runs great..Replaced just the PCV valve so far but still having same issue. Please help, I have no money to afford an engine rebuild...am I fu**ed!?? thanks again here are a few pics to try and show what I am talking about. Car has 115k miles, headers, ORY, SLP lid just basic bolt ons.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:23 AM
Teching In

I just placed my hand over oil filler neck while smoke was blowing out and i felt zero pressure. If rings are going wouldnt I feel some sort of pressure coming out?
Old 08-23-2015, 09:10 PM
Teching In

anyone!?

Quick Reply: Engine blow by??? Help