Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

vortc 5.3 wiring confusion

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vortc 5.3 wiring confusion

Hi all new to the site and have searched for weeks for an answer about my swap

I have a 1989 camaro rs 2.8-t5 that I'm swaping a vortec 5.3 and 4l60e from a 2002 chev 2500 truck.

The mechanical side I understand on what needs to be done I have all new motor mounts and pads

My main question is the vortec and 4l60e wiring and what I need to do to have the ecm from the truck talk with the car ie guages, ignition, lights etc do I need to retain the ecm from my car. If someone can in lighten me on how they wired up there system would be great I don't have the time to send my harness out to have it re worked nor the money as I'm in Canada and don't believe there's anywhere locally that does this sort of thing. I do know my speedo isn't going to work as it's mechanical speedo and the transmission is an electronic speedo
Old 01-15-2016, 07:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the sight. Sorry nobody has answered you. Go to LT1swap.com
I will seem confusing at first but the answers to all your questions are there. There's tons of info. Modifying the harness will save you money and will teach you a lot. It probably won't save much time but you will have a much better understanding of how it all works when you done. Good luck Andrew.

Quick Reply: vortc 5.3 wiring confusion