Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Camaro Exclusive Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro Exclusive Options

I've already posted this question in the Firebird section of the forum, and if this would be considered "double posting" and against forum rules, I apologize. I figured you Camaro guys might know.

Anyway, I've been looking into the options of the third generation f-body cars, and I am aware that they are basically the same vehicle with the same engine and transmission options, however, I have found exclusive performance options for both the Chevys and Pontiacs. Examples of which would be the WS6 suspension only being offered for the Firebird, and from what I can tell, the wonderbar and 1LE setup is only available on the Camaros. I would imagine both of these options would have a noticeable impact on the performance of the cars.

My main question is, what options, if any, did the Camaro have that the Firebird couldn't get? As mentioned above, was the wonderbar only for the Camaro, or did the WS6 suspension have something like it included? Could the Firebirds be optioned with those 1LE upgrades, maybe under a different name, or were Bird buyers sol? Anything along these lines are what I'm wondering about, and not just limited to those two things, but any actual performance option such as springs, gears, performance packages, anything really.

Also, here is the link to the post in the other section

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-f...o-options.html

As always, thanks for any input

Quick Reply: Camaro Exclusive Options