Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Automatic to Manual Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic to Manual Wiring

Hi everyone and happy St. Patricks Day. I am new to this site i always come to this site to read other threads when i need info so i would like to finally get involved and i am in a bit of a situation, so i have a 96 Camaro set up for a 5 speed v6 that i bought as a roller, has everything besides the engine and transmission, i have a crashed 98 Z28 automatic, i want to have a manual set up in the 96 in which i am converting everything into. I believe i have everything covered besides the wiring. I am putting the ENTIRE wiring harness from headlights through firewall to taillights and everything in between into the 96 from the 98. I dont know how to splice the wires for everything to work correctly, well i know how to splice i just dont know which wires go where. I see other threads explaining it but i feel like an idiot reading it like dooiiii. Could someone please put it in laymans terms for me? Could i just buy an engine harness for a manual? Would it work and be easier? I have complete wiring of a 98 z28 automatic and a 96 base manual. I want the wiring from the 98 so i can have the complete 98 interior and power everything. Any help is greatly appreciated. Time is not of the essence. I got all the time in the world to work on this car especially if i can save money.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need the wiring harness that matches up with the engine trans combo. For example, I don't think you can use a harness from a LS1/auto with car that has a LT1 manual, or even a LS1 manual. I'm not one hundred percent sure, though

Quick Reply: Automatic to Manual Wiring