Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Where to mount the ECM and Fusebox?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to mount the ECM and Fusebox?

The facts: eRod LS3 into '69 Camaro

The question: Has anyone been down this road and found good places to mount the fusebox and the ECM? The eRod comes with a complete harness that includes a full underhood fusebox.

I'm guessing it'll wind up underhood based on the harness layout, but if someone has found a tidy location, I'd rather be the follower than the leader on this one!

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Am I in the wrong forum that these seemingly relevant questions get no answers? No one has mounted an ECM or fusebox in a '69 Camaro ever?

FWIW I wound up mounting the fusebox under the fender behind the battery. I use four nutserts, then rubber stands, and mounted the ECM to the backside of the cowl and above the glovebox.

None of this is rocket science, but why have each person reinvent the wheel?

My cowl is pretty rusty! I don't know the history of this car, but it's got some rust in weird locations...

[Crickets]
Attached Thumbnails Where to mount the ECM and Fusebox?-img_4108.jpg   Where to mount the ECM and Fusebox?-img_4105.jpg  
Old 04-11-2016, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope, just working on a car many don't have and might not even be able to afford. Since they blended all the 2002 and older together you might find better help on your model with another site, but I don't know. Mostly see 4th gen stuff here.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave, most people go to the Conversions and Hybrids section in this site for those question. I used the GMPP harness (same as the ERod) and mounted mine under the pass fender behind the headlight. hidden yes, pain to get to if I need to do maintenance, yes LOL. I have seen some guys mount them (the fuse and PCM) in the factory battery location (they moved their battery to the trunk). I have seen this recently, check out post #13, looks pretty cool- http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthre...t=43176&page=2 Wish that stuff would have been around when I was doing my swap. If you have any swap questions, there are plenty of us over in the conversion and hybrids section ;-)
Old 04-17-2016, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I did take my questions to the Conversions and Hybrids and it's a little more active. I don't know if it would have helped in the location I chose, but I wish I knew about those clips!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Where to mount the ECM and Fusebox?