Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Engine and Trans opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine and Trans opinions

Hi my name is Ryan and I'm new to the fbody family, I Just picked up a navy blue metallic SS roller with full bmr suspension and a built 10 bolt. I'm not totally familiar with these cars but I know alittle but about them. I Have some questions for y'all... I have a daily driver so this would be my play around car/weekend car. I want it to be reliable is possible, and have a automatic transmission with overdrive, and also be able to break into the 10s. Just wondering what route I should go with. What motor and Trans build would y'all recommend? I'd like the car to have full interior other than back seats.. And I'm kind of on a budget. Don't wanna fork out tons of money into this car but I want the setup to last and be reliable enough to daily drive if I wanted to. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-03-2016, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

budget , 10's , daily driver dont really sound compatible but if you've got the doe i'd look into a 402 block with say tsp 2.5 heads or equivilant maybe 100 shot. 3600 stall plus good tires. just my one cent.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Fast
Reliable
Cheap

You can only ever have two, so which two are most important. You said you want reliable.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Fast
Reliable
Cheap

You can only ever have two, so which two are most important. You said you want reliable.
Prolly gonna do a ls3 swap. Best way to make the hp I want and it's gonna cost alittle bit more than I wanna spend but it will be worth it.

Quick Reply: Engine and Trans opinions