Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

2000 v6 5 speed wont run anymore

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 v6 5 speed wont run anymore

I need help to determine what is wrong with my car it has always thrown a p0102 code (mass air flow sensor) and ran fine. I cleared the code and then started the vehical i had no throttle and then it sputtured and shut down then the reduce engine light comes on. Then i scanned the car again and it threw the following codes
p1514
Manufacturer control
P0107
Mainifold absolute pressure /baronmetric pressure circuit low
P0102
Mass or volume air circuit low
P1514
Manufacturer control

Yes p1514 was 2 codes listed

This is currently my daily and i need it to be back on the road any help would be appreciated im hopin its something simple and not the computer

I should also mention that with tryal and error I got the car to run and drive once again and everything seemed fine. Started everytime then left it overnight and it started doing it again all i did to get it to run is clear the code and give it gas (if it let me with out sputtering off) for a min then let it idle by itself then give it gass and let the clutch out in nuetural and then idle in nutural then it ran and drove fine like. I said then the codes came back over night
Again thanks
Old 04-14-2017, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, if it was having MAS issues and now it is also have MAP issues, the computer has no way to know how much air the motor is drawing in so it can't add the right amount of fuel.

Don't know enough about the MAS, but the MAP you can test the power wire for 5 volts and ground wire for resistance to the battery ground terminal. If those two are okay it is most likely time for a new MAP sensor.

The only thing I know about the MAS is you can clean it with MAS cleaner and you can tune the ECU to work without it.

Quick Reply: 2000 v6 5 speed wont run anymore