Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

My new 2002 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new 2002 camaro

Hey guys, saturday morning i bought a 2002 camaro with 117700 miles. I actually didnt expect to like it as much as i do but man is it a nice vehicle! Anyway im noticing a few electrical issues and hoping it may be something someones handled before or could guide me. Firstly my "security" light stays on at all times, this one im pretty sure it just isnt reading the chip in the key fully but it isnt locking me out at all or making it so it womt start so im not to worried about it. Second every once in a while the radio will just shut off and on. Sometimes its just once sometimes constantly on anf off and others it will just stay off for like 5 min. No idea whats heppening hear i assume wiring somewhere. One of the times this was happening my windows wouldnt work at all. Every once in a while the check gauges light will come kn and there will be nothing to check really they are all fine. My girlfriend was driving it today and said that on of the gauges just didnt work. I think there is a short circuit thats maybe affecting them all but any guidance, assurance, or help would be greately appreciated! Thanks guys.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As silly as it sounds, a number of folks on here have the same problem with the security light staying on, I'm one of them lol ! First thing I'd try for that would be to make sure the keys is clean, I know, sounds stupid, but a number of people fixed their security problem that way. Good luck!
Old 09-20-2017, 07:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

Search bcm "body control module" known issue on these cars.

Quick Reply: My new 2002 camaro