Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Ls1 wiring issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 wiring issues

I bought a 01 Z28 a few days ago and the engine was recently put back in but none of the wiring harness was plugged in and I’ve never messed with anything LS so I’m not sure where any of it goes and I was curious if there was any possible way to be able to plug in the sensors and grounds that go to the back of the block and intake without having to pull out the engine again. Thanks any advice is appreciated
Old 05-25-2018, 09:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

I have had to unplug andrelug the two sensors behind the manifold a few times, but I had the radiator out when I did it. The gound on the back side of the head, if you pull the valve cover and coils off you should have better access to it, but it will be tight with the AC in your way. Did the 01's still have the air pump plumbing off the exhaust manifolds? that may get the way also
Old 05-25-2018, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There’s nothing in the car right now the ac and Evap hoses are off so I should have room but I have like 5 ground wires that are coming from behind the block so I’m not sure where they are supposed to be
Old 05-25-2018, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I extended those to the front of the cylinder head. I hate that placement back there. Hard to reach. And to answer your question, yes you csn put it on w motor in car. Lay it out on top first. You will have to drop the starter to get the crank sensor connection on