Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

2000 Camaro. Exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Camaro. Exhaust options

I have an electric cut out that recently went out. I like the little hat trick that the cut out provides. But the interior drone can be a bit much when it’s all the way on. I also still have the stock muffler and stock tips that are awful looking. I was really wanting to get a flow master set up but not sure which muffler to get as the exhaust set up is tricky with the transverse muffler. I’ve looked at the flow master mufflers a bit but I’m unsure of which one would even fit or if they even have one that would. I like the roar of a flowmaster 40 series but I’m told only a 50 series would fit which, would suck because they’re very quiet? Any suggestions? I’m probably just going to replace the motor on my cut out. But just want some opinions/options.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

I used to have a flow master 80 series muffler on my ta and it sounded pretty good. They make an American thunder system for our cars
Old 05-24-2019, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nathan C
I used to have a flow master 80 series muffler on my ta and it sounded pretty good. They make an American thunder system for our cars
Was it all that loud? How was the interior sound? I like loud don’t get me wrong. But I’m not trying to wake up a neighborhood and that’s what the cut out does lol. I just want a good rumble at idle and a roar when I get in on it. It’s just I know the 50 series sucks but I guess I over looked the 80
Old 05-25-2019, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

There was no drone at all and it sounded slightly louder than stock. I replaced it with a loud mouth 1 because I wanted something louder. Some people say flow master is restrictive but I did like mine.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you be pretty happy with a magnaflow 14419 unless you really want a flow master sound, then super 40 is way to go.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:31 PM
Teching In

As much as I’d like a super 40 they just don’t make it with the inlet and am outlet on the same side like they do with the 80 series. I love a flowmaster sound I’ve heard magnaflow and Borla I just think flowmaster is the best sound overall. I think an 80 will just have to do. I’ve heard a few. They’re decent. And my cut out is a good party trick but to use it all the time is a hassle. Plus I still have the stock muffler and stock tips which looks gross in my opinion. Idk. In due time I’ll get it all figured out.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any way to "clean out" the 80 series a bit to have it flow a little bit better and sound like the 40 series you like? Just a thought. This way you could have the inlet/outlet options you need (80 series) but the sound you want (40 series). I don't know how difficult that would be, but I just thought I'd suggest it if you could get a chance to see pics of an 80 series and 40 series inside to see the difference.