Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

71 Camaro resto-mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 02:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 338 Likes on 254 Posts

Bracing removed, cleaned up the inside, next it's time for quarter skin and floor pan. Followed by wire wheeling the inside.....

Old 01-08-2024, 12:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Old 01-08-2024, 12:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Havent updated this in a while, figured id share some progress.

Floor patches are done, hole interior floor has been stripped and primed
Holes have been made as part of my 4 link install
Front has been stripped of OE stuff frame is off to live a happy life on someone else's restoration
Underside has been stripped of fuel lines and stuff I cant use on the build
Front core support and bracket was removed, supporting brackets were powdercoated to match frame, core support will follow when I take my axle and supporting suspension parts.
Next up will be the rear passenger quarterskin, which marks the last of the big patches to my knowledge. Im starting to strip the paint on the rear outer skin and found a few little areas on the driver side, but I think I can make my own patches for that.

While I had some holiday funds, bought the front brakes to get me where I can mount the new frame should I chose, id prefer to get the under side stripped primed, coated and the firewall area done before that happens, but front brakes is one of the remaining "big ticket" items left to purchase.

That leaves a center chunk for the 9 inch and rear Brakes being the last large single item purchases as long as I dont decide to super charge the engine......

Thanks for following along. Hoping to get the rear stripped this week and start on the quarter as long as time allows.
The following users liked this post:
Threadzy (01-08-2024)

Quick Reply: 71 Camaro resto-mod