Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Down4daSS
i have a 1999 hugger orange SS #667
white leather interior
white top

very rare! havent found anyother SS that have that.
Awesome Cars they get a lot of attention!!!
Hell yes they do. I love it, I get looks and compliments all the time.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

white leather interior
white top

especially one that idles like a freight train and is daily driven
Old 07-18-2005, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

M6HuggerSS... what is it that makes your car 1 of 54 since there are 65 hugger hardtops. Is it the M6 or the tan leather? I'm curious since other than the tan leather we have the same car (I've got grey leather).

And for everyone who thinks they don't drive their car, I'll let you know when I finally get 11,000 miles on mine... yeah I know, its pathetic. If it counts for anything, part of the reason the miles are so low on the SS is that I've spent a lot of my "fun" time in my Firehawk (only 20K in it though). But as my wife will back up... when I'm driving them, I'm having fun!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by T-hawk
M6HuggerSS... what is it that makes your car 1 of 54 since there are 65 hugger hardtops. Is it the M6 or the tan leather? I'm curious since other than the tan leather we have the same car (I've got grey leather).

And for everyone who thinks they don't drive their car, I'll let you know when I finally get 11,000 miles on mine... yeah I know, its pathetic. If it counts for anything, part of the reason the miles are so low on the SS is that I've spent a lot of my "fun" time in my Firehawk (only 20K in it though). But as my wife will back up... when I'm driving them, I'm having fun!
Sorry but what's the point of not driving them hardly? I love driving my car. Granted, I don't wanna rack up daily abuse, but I put about 10K a year on it and love every damn minute of it!

Old 07-18-2005, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Orange Terror
Sorry but what's the point of not driving them hardly? I love driving my car. Granted, I don't wanna rack up daily abuse, but I put about 10K a year on it and love every damn minute of it!

i don't like being called a GARAGE QUEEN, but i only have 8700 miles on mine. i have a good excuse. i've been working out of the country on and off for the past 4yrs. i only get a few good months in to drive it.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

also, there's a hugger z conv. for sale on autotrader. white on white 8700 miles for $23,900.auto.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:07 AM
Teching In

Post Some Pics I Think I Want To Paint One Of My Camaro's That Color...
Old 07-19-2005, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99HUGGRSS
i don't like being called a GARAGE QUEEN, but i only have 8700 miles on mine. i have a good excuse. i've been working out of the country on and off for the past 4yrs. i only get a few good months in to drive it.
Hey that's a perfectly good reason. Good to know that you drive it when you can. I wish I'd of gotten mine with less miles. But I just rolled 65k the other day, and I still think that's pretty low. I've had it 2 years and put 19k on it, but the first summer it got daily duty after my divorce because I needed a car and it was all I had. Now it just gets weekend duty mostly. I ran into a guy last year on the way to the Woodward ave dream cruise that had an 01 TA convertible with barely 4000 miles on it. I asked if he had just bought it, he said that he bought it new in 2000 and just never drives it. Its to those ppl I say "why?". My philosophy, keep it clean and taken care of, I can always rebuild the drivetrain when it wears out.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Its not that I don't want to drive the car, its more like I never have the time... between work and family, there's not a lot of spare time. If you worked where I work, you'd never even consider taking the car to work (which I don't since its so nasty), and until my daughter got big enough to ride in a booster seat (last year), it was too big of a pain to put the massive car seat in the car just to take a quick drive. And going for rides by myself and leaving my wife and kids at home is kinda stupid to me. So the car isn't used all that much. But it gets taken to the drag strip at least twice a year, autocrossed at least as much, and since I live near some of the most amazing roads you've ever driven (North Georgia mountains), it gets taken up for a tour of the mountains at least once every couple months... never EVER been in a car show. So what limited driving I do, is all fun driving. I'd rather have 10,000 miles of fun than 100,000 miles of commuting to work everyday. I agree that the cars should be driven, and while I'd love to drive mine more, taking it to the grocery store and other boring tasks is not what I have in mind for additional mileage.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by T-hawk
Its not that I don't want to drive the car, its more like I never have the time... between work and family, there's not a lot of spare time. If you worked where I work, you'd never even consider taking the car to work (which I don't since its so nasty), and until my daughter got big enough to ride in a booster seat (last year), it was too big of a pain to put the massive car seat in the car just to take a quick drive. And going for rides by myself and leaving my wife and kids at home is kinda stupid to me. So the car isn't used all that much. But it gets taken to the drag strip at least twice a year, autocrossed at least as much, and since I live near some of the most amazing roads you've ever driven (North Georgia mountains), it gets taken up for a tour of the mountains at least once every couple months... never EVER been in a car show. So what limited driving I do, is all fun driving. I'd rather have 10,000 miles of fun than 100,000 miles of commuting to work everyday. I agree that the cars should be driven, and while I'd love to drive mine more, taking it to the grocery store and other boring tasks is not what I have in mind for additional mileage.
Ok, just want to make it clear I'm not criticizing anybody, god knows I'd love it if my '99 had less than 10k, even 20k on it. And I totally understand being busy, I have taken mine to work 3 times this year, and that was only because it was on a saturday and my GF and I were going out that evening and she loves the Z as much as I do. I'm just saying I love any excuse I get to drive it somewhere and would go nuts not being able to drive mine.

I don't daily drive mine anymore either, that's what I bought the cavalier for. I'd rather put play miles on it that work miles. Mountains sound fun, We have some decent curvy roads here and there that I love to run on. Lol, I don't have time to do a car show, to much work, I just go to a couple a year and leave when I want to, lol.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

Its cool... sometimes I get on myself about not using it too. Its easy to forget its out there in the garage calling my name when I'm up to my neck in "honey do" projects... all I'm saying is that someday (way way in the future probably), it'll be my time to have fun again LOL . And the SS will still be there waiting.

For now, everytime I do get it out of the garage and take it up through the gears, I can't stop grinning... so I understand the "I would go nuts not being able to drive it" comments. Its like therapy after a week of commuting in my econo-beater-crap-box.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

white leather interior
white top

well now you know of 2 of them. here is mine.
http://community.webshots.com/user/hondarrman

someone did a search a while back and found there to be 18 hugger SS verts with white and white....the rest were with black.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Donny O.
well now you know of 2 of them. here is mine.
http://community.webshots.com/user/hondarrman

someone did a search a while back and found there to be 18 hugger SS verts with white and white....the rest were with black.
I know where there is a Hugger vert, black top, white leather, not an SS or Z though. Probably a V6, its sitting on a used car lot.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

I did run into a guy in springfield IL while I was on the hot rod power tour with a HO convertible ss but it had black top and black cloth seats.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

white leather interior
white top

I own one. How many Y2Y options does yours have? I have all, but bilstein. Nice car you have! The coolest thing about our cars.. You can drive around and know for SURE you will NOT see another one! There are too few of them!

Both of my cars are for sale BTW. PM me with offer if interested. No trades.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RaRe99SS
I own one. How many Y2Y options does yours have? I have all, but bilstein. Nice car you have! The coolest thing about our cars.. You can drive around and know for SURE you will NOT see another one! There are too few of them!

Both of my cars are for sale BTW. PM me with offer if interested. No trades.
hey rare99ss. i emailed you. get in touch, we need to talk!!!
Old 01-06-2015, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Default rare hugger orange car

Hey guys sorry for jumping in on your post but I am looking for a little bit of information myself. I recently acquired a 1999 Camaro Z28 coupe that is hugger orange, with the automatic trans and 1LE option. Everything I have read and researched suggests this car is 1 of 2 built. I'm just trying to confirm that. Thank you for any help at all pointing me in the right direction
Old 01-06-2015, 11:19 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

I thought the 1LE option was added at SLP so it would have to be an SS. Could be wrong though. Mine has the 1LE listed on the SLP option sheet.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Teching In

I'm not real sure myself. I'm kinda new to the camaros. Always been a trans am guy til now
Old 01-06-2015, 04:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You can cross one hugger orange off the numbers list

Not sure the number

But 99 HO Z28
A4
White leather
T-Tops

I personally HATED the white leather; would have changed it if she didnt get destroyed...Miss that damn car

Quick Reply: Build # and how exactly many Hugger Orange Camaros were built in 1999