Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

is nitrous cheating?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tdogg5.3
call them smart becuase they just spent a 5th of the money instead of going FI.If superchargers cost 600 bucks more ppl would have them and if nitrous cost 5000 bucks less ppl would have it.

If nitrous was 5000 dollors and superchargers were 600 dollors this thread wouldnt exist, nitrous probably wouldn't either.

John
Old 01-16-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

97cobra do this:

tell his whyning *** you will take the bottle out in front of him...
do that,then when you race turn on the gas in the hidden bottle behind your
seat and spray 150 on him and tell him your GF thinks he is a pu$$y
Old 01-16-2005, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spanktu
97cobra do this:

tell his whyning *** you will take the bottle out in front of him...
do that,then when you race turn on the gas in the hidden bottle behind your
seat and spray 150 on him and tell him your GF thinks he is a pu$$y
thats one of the few times when, to me nitrous would be cheating. saying you dont have it, even going as for as to take out the spare bottle in the back to prove you dont have it, then still spraying I think we all know who the ***** in the situation would be
Old 01-16-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

another whyner...
if you lose you are the bitch plain and simple,his buddy started by calling it cheating
behind his back!

I would do exactly as I described in this situation and not have one regret

69 sounds like it happened to you or a friend, hope you did not lose money being stupid

Last edited by spanktu; 01-16-2005 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Teching In

ok, i finally got it all runing properly and sprayed it the other night, and DAMN! what a difference, i sprayed the 100 shot. so i called my buddy with the SS just to talk about it and to tell him we need to race or he should atleast go for a ride in the car. i took him for a ride later that night, he was bein a little more cool about the nitrous, but still acts like its steroids for a car and its just not cosher! he did say that i could, should take him! so we are gonna race here real soon. i recently got LT headers and need to put those on, and with all said and done i hope to put close to 400hp to the wheels!!
Old 03-09-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

Sick man, and i say NOS (i never call it that because its fast and furious style), Juice, bottle, teh giggly, whatever its not cheating, its just a different form of boost but a form of boost u need to refill that is all
Old 03-10-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by screamin' 85 z
Cheating is defined as breaking a rule...I've never seen a street racing rule book.
I couldnt of said it any better. By the way, im pretty confident that if your description of his power is accurate on the bottle you should pull away.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Teching In

ok, the results are in. we raced last night from a 2nd roll around 30-40mph. i instantlly get a half car on him. pull a little more into 3rd, but he is stayin right there, then i shift to 4th and he starts creepin up and by the top of 4th he passes me. he pulled real hard up top, im mean crazy hard. we got up to 120mph or so. it was a damn good race and lots of fun. i just wish i could have seen the look on his face when i took him off the punch, i surelly thought i would have taken all the way but im still happy with everything.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97cobra
ok, the results are in. we raced last night from a 2nd roll around 30-40mph. i instantlly get a half car on him. pull a little more into 3rd, but he is stayin right there, then i shift to 4th and he starts creepin up and by the top of 4th he passes me. he pulled real hard up top, im mean crazy hard. we got up to 120mph or so. it was a damn good race and lots of fun. i just wish i could have seen the look on his face when i took him off the punch, i surelly thought i would have taken all the way but im still happy with everything.
good race, the LS1 is hard to beat on the top end
Old 03-28-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

alls fair in love war and racing
Old 03-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

good race i almost watched a kid get his *** beat at a race over the bottle. He raced a kid and barely lost to him. but the kid said he didnt have it then some peaple started talking and found out he had it and used it to win. in that type of win i think it is cheating
Old 03-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Launching!

Personaly, i have no problem with nitrous. But, i would much rather have a super/turbocharger, that is real power all the time. NOS is just like a little extra temporary boost, not real horsepower.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:11 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Nitrous is cheating only if:
1. You claim you don't have it and you do.
2.You claim you have it but won't use it and you do.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nitrous Nitrous Nitrous

Cool on a 9 sec car thats already a serious ride without it, on a stock bolt on stone its just sad.

Lets not forget the fact your car in not even insurable in most states provinces with a bottle in the car.

So all these bolt on nitrous cars running 12-11 something are not even street cars.

That would make them really slow track cars.

John
Old 03-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by John35thSS
Cool on a 9 sec car thats already a serious ride without it, on a stock bolt on stone its just sad.
I agree!
Old 03-31-2005, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Nitrous isn't cheating... its just a shortcut to a faster car. Its conditional fun.

I raced with a guy on the highway once with a bottle on an LT1 Z28. I won couple of times and I lost a couple of times... it was close everytime, and it was still a rush. I didn't feel like he was cheating even though I didn't know he had the spray until after we were done. I know that if the bottle was empty I would have been watching him through my mirrors.

Fast is fun no matter how you get it.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Junkie

if n2o is cheating, then having any type of power adder should be cheating too. you could race someone in a turbo-ed car and him not tell you he has a turbo, and if you cant see anything related to a turbo, or hear anything for that matter....and you guys race and he wins, is that cheating? yes. but if he tells you he's turbo-ed and he wins is it cheating? no. why is that. a turbo is a power adder, and so is nitrous. i dont see how its different. besides the fact that nitrous is relatively cheap and easy to install.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by badjuju342
Nitrous is cheating only if:
1. You claim you don't have it and you do.
2.You claim you have it but won't use it and you do.
I think that is the problem. If you have a built motor people can hear it. If you open the hood people will see if you have a superchrger or turbo. NOS on the other hand can be hidden and hard to find.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

well, i know before i race i dont usually open my hood. not that i have anything to hide. just not something i do. and i also know my friend has a 95 rx7 and you can barely hear his turbo, and if you werent listening to it you wouldnt know. and another friend also has a gn and with the recirc you cant hear the turbo either. now, another buddy has a blown vette and theres no way to hide that.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:38 PM
Staging Lane

I have thought about getting Gas.............but everytime I get close..........I would rather wait and do something REAL.....LOL

Hey nothing wrong with it...............like they say Run what you Brung.............

BUT........If I beat you before you got NOS..........I will eventually beat you again after you have NOS..............Why.......because all I have to do is keep running you till you run out............LOL
BTW how many runs in a tank????

Enjoy and have funnnnnnnnnnnnn

Quick Reply: is nitrous cheating?