Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Weatherstripping for 4th gen fbody t tops

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weatherstripping for 4th gen fbody t tops

My weatherstripping is shot on my driver's side t top.. I'm getting sick of the noise it's creating. window doesnt' seal up correctly, the boys over at the chevy dealership keep fixing the regulator motor for free, but the cause of the regulator motor breaking is the ttop seal/weatherstripping. the small piece of rubber is 100 bucks, and I don't really feel like spending that much for it, even the guy at the parts counter at the local chevy dealership said he just couldn't sell it to me without suggesting other alternatives, if anyone knows where I can get replacement weatherstripping or has a totaled 4th gen fbody that still has the rubber weatherstripping intact on their car, please let me know, I'd buy it for a decent price, 25 bucks. I'd pay 10 for the retainer.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:51 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, here are the part numbers that're listed... makes it easier to shop around:

weatherstripping for edge of T-top
10261744 - RH
10261745 - LH

retainers for the weatherstripping
10402079 - LH
10410058 - RH
Old 01-24-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

not to steal your thread, but i noticed alot of wind noise lately also. i took my car to the dealer to see if it would be covered undder waranty cause im gonna pass 36k this week. they said the weatherstripping was fine and that the door needed to be realigned. is he right or is it bs and should i take it to another dealer?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:36 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

I have seen several threads from people who had door alignment problems, fwiw. Some of them still had problems after getting it realigned, though, and ended up still needing to replace the weatherstripping since it had been getting pressed in the wrong places for so long by the misaligned door. So I'd say go ahead and have them adjust the alignment first
Old 01-25-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ACW
I have seen several threads from people who had door alignment problems, fwiw. Some of them still had problems after getting it realigned, though, and ended up still needing to replace the weatherstripping since it had been getting pressed in the wrong places for so long by the misaligned door. So I'd say go ahead and have them adjust the alignment first
thanks acw. i actualy had a friend drive my car on the highway for me so i can listen to the passenger side door, which is the worse one. i can hear now that most of the noise is coming from by the side view mirror. i'm gonna take your advice and get the door aligned. thanks again

Quick Reply: Weatherstripping for 4th gen fbody t tops