Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

What's your story?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 03:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always wanted an F-body of any sort. Grew up riding in the back of a 79 T/A 301. Plus we had 2 78 Z28's in different parts of childhood too. Around 8-11 yrs old I wanted, back then anyway was a red T-Top Manual Camaro RS. Like the smooth hood over the Z28 one, thats way I wanted a RS. Finally while I was on cruise for "OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM" Sept. 2001-March 2002, the relization hit me that no more F-bodys to be built. . So I decided I needed to get one when I got back. Since I reenlisted (TAX FREE) I got $21000 strait to the bank. Since I already had my Z71 at the time and it was only 2 years old, I went for a used one, and no car payment. I found a red T-Top M6 1996 Z28. There my Camaro Ownership started. I traded that car in 3 months later for my 01 SS (see sig), cause it had the same stuff that I had/wanted plus more, ie SS, LS1, leather ect. I'm happy to have this car and want to keep it forever. I just wish people would stop crashing into it, there's only so much a Body Shop can do before the car is trash. Finally get what I want and ignorant people try to take it from me. Death to all tards who can't drive

Last edited by rtr2001ss; 05-05-2005 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Location: In between the green fields and dusty roads of Illinois.

When I was in the market for a car, I was choosing between a 94 Z28 and a 95 Mustang GT vert. The Z was nearly spotless and once I drove it I was hooked.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

I was 16 looking for car.Had just gone to go see a grand am that my parents wanted to buy me.It was purple and ugly,my parents wanted it for me cause it was 3000.Luckly for me the darn thing wouldn't turn on when we went to go see it.The next day me and a buddy are cruising home from school when I spotted a metalic blue 91 z-28 in perfect condition for 5000.Instantly fell in love.Told my parents the same day.Went to go look at the car the next with my dad and he also fell in love with it.I still have to this day,though I gave it to my sister just untill she gets a new car for herself.By the way I have a new love 02 ss camaro.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had been driving my 95 V8 T-Bird for about 6 years, and it was beginning to show its age, starting to need more & more maintenance (although, i must say that it was a really good car...nice ride, comfortable, plenty room inside, and it never really left me stranded anywhere...somewhat atypical of a Ford, LOL). at least it was still a RWD V8 American car , even if it wasn't particularly fast. it was paid off, and i was considering making it a sleeper, but to do so would mean a hell of a lot of money, and i wouldn't have a daily driver while it was torn apart & spending $$$ on it, so i decided i wanted to get something newer, and with a manual tranny too (the 'bird was an auto, the only auto i've ever owned).

so i test drove several vehicles:

'01 V8 Dodge Dakota (liked it, but wasn't a standard)
'03 Nissan 350Z (nice looking & pretty nimble w/standard tranny, but too expensive)
'02 Nissan Maxima (pretty nice car, but not a standard)

then i came across an '02 B.R.R. Z28 w/M6 tranny that was in my price range....well, you can pretty much guess the rest.....

Quick Reply: What's your story?