Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

1967 Camaro Vin Locations

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1967 Camaro Vin Locations

Im looking for all the locations of vin numbers or any numbers on my car. This is my first Camaro so Im new at this. This is one on the inside door post, firewall and where else???? Thanks.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:44 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Only ones I've ever found on mine were the VIN on the front of the door jamb and the body number is on the cowl tag by the brake master cylinder.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

I suggest trying this site here for 1st gen Camaro questions.

www.camaros.net

They don't have a link to discussions, so here's how to get there. On the left hand side of the site under Camaro Tech, click on the tech discussion. Then click on the "Enter Camaro Tech". This will take you into their forums.

This is the best 1st gen site I have found. I have a 68 Camaro and any question I have, these guys know the answer too. If they don't, it drives them crazy until they do. These guys build the cars you see in the magazines.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes the put them on cowl on the inside of the heater/blower motor box. On my '69 a partial VIN was found underneath the cowl sheet metal by passenger side window wiper, '69's might be a little different than '67's. Do you have doubts about your VIN? One way to check is to compare the sequence number of your VIN versus the trim tag date. Post the information at the trim tag section on Camaros.net and someone will give you an answer. That's how I figured my camaro was patched together out of a couple of cars.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:23 PM
7 Second Club

67's were the only year to not have them on the dash, they are located in the door jamb for a VIN, then the body tag is located by the master cylinder (this is from general knowledge, so if you come up empty, let me know and I'll hunt down other possible locations, as that's my job)

Derek
Old 06-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Default Vins for Camaro

Originally Posted by Villain281H
67's were the only year to not have them on the dash, they are located in the door jamb for a VIN, then the body tag is located by the master cylinder (this is from general knowledge, so if you come up empty, let me know and I'll hunt down other possible locations, as that's my job)

Derek
I have all the information and locations for the ones on the jam and by the mastercylinder Im just wondering where they are on the subframe? Thanks for the help. Tim
Old 06-16-2005, 09:25 PM
7 Second Club

the 1st 2 locations will work fine to help you out. If you want to post or pm the #s I'll check them out.

Derek

Quick Reply: 1967 Camaro Vin Locations