Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

pics of my cousins wreck

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 06:07 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats something undescribable man, im very sorry to hear this.........Good luck to you and your family.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya i know what that can be like. not very long ago the same thing happened to me. A tire blewout on the freeway and i flipped my car. luckily all i had was a couple cuts, and my friend barely had anything on him. of course, we were only going 70. Heres the thread i posted on in case you want to see the pictures. here remember, this was only at 70 mph, i cant even imagine what it would be like at 150mph. Im sorry to hear about your cousin, though.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for your loss...never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

sorry for your loss....... man i used to do 160-170 in my z/28 daily....... it makes you think. that was a rare hugger orange camaro.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Banned

Default sorry

sorry
Old 10-12-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm very sorry to hear about your cousin. My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. I sincerely hope all the younger LS1Tech members will read this thread and take some time to really think about it. When we're young, we all feel fairly invincible. We don't seriously consider the consequences of our actions before hand. Unfortunately, that wisdom only comes with experience. I myself was guilty of this when I was younger.

I grew up watching "The Dukes of Hazzard" and always wanted to be a stunt driver. One late night driving home from my girlfriend's house, when I was a Senior in high school, I decided I was going to try something. There was this old railroad crossing on my way home that had a very steep side to it. The road immediately dropped about 10 -12 ft. in height from track level. I always thought this would make a great jump. So, about 2:30 am on my way home, I decided I was going to try it. I was driving my stepdad's '84 GMC Jimmy 4X4. I figured that was safer. I came flying down the road leading up to the tracks doing about 65-70 mph. Not another soul around, thank God. I hit the tracks and launched into the air. The first thing I noticed was how quiet it got. I was in the air and there was no road noise anymore. All I could hear was the wind. The Jimmy flew about 25-30 yds. in the air (seemed like forever) and came down hard. Then, I bounced back into the air for maybe another 10 yds. and made the second landing. I made it, and I was okay but, as far as I'm concerned, only because God was taking care of me. It was probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done.

I've seen recent movies with a lot of car stunts in them (Starsky and Hutch, Dukes of Hazzard) because I still love that stuff. But if you're like me, and stay for the credits, you have seen the behind the scenes clips they roll during the credits. All the miscues and stunts that went wrong. And those are with tons of planning and professional drivers. You see how bad things can go wrong with professionals and it makes you think twice when considering pulling some crazy stunt yourself. At least, it should.

Okay, I'm going to put my soapbox away now. I just hope that all of you who have done (or will do) things like this will take a moment to think about all the people who care about you as well as those you're responsible for (kids or passengers) and next time, just don't do it.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:01 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sorry to hear this.

Back in 1991, I had my right rear tire blow out on my '72 Corvette. I was only doing 60 MPH, but am still very very lucky to be alive. The flaps of tire caught the rear quarter panel and put me into a 360 spin on a crowded highway. I was in the left lane of 3, and ended up facing almost forward, but 3 lanes over to the right on the shoulder. (I drifted right as I spun) By the grace of God I did not hit anyone or anything. My rear quarter panel was toast but it could have been much much much worse.

I really shy away from doing any extended high speeds (triple digits) since I got back from Germany. Just too much debris and too many other hazards. When **** goes wrong at 120+MPH, it goes waaay wrong.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

What a very unfortunate situation. I find myself cruising at 140+ all the time. The car will certainly hold up in normal situations, but a nail is uncontrollable. I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I wish the best to you and your family.

Quick Reply: pics of my cousins wreck