Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

need help with a driveshaft

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with a driveshaft

hi guys. i've got a 80 model camaro body that me and my brother-in-law are gonna be building and i was wondering about the driveshaft for it. when i got the car it came with the original driveshaft and we're gonna build a turbo 350 trans to go in the car. we're looking for a turbo 350 with a "6 tailshaft so that i won't have to buy another drive shaft right away but aren't haveing much luck finding one. i've found quite a few of the truck versions with the "9 tailshaft but that's gonna put my driveshaft "3 to long. does anyone know the measurements on a ls1 driveshaft? i really don't wanna pull mine off just to measure it. i know that the wheel base of a 98 vs a 80 is 3" shorter but don't know if this effected the shaft in any way. i also thought about sending mine off to dennys to be shortened if i can't find a t350 "6 in good shape. has anyone had this done? if so any ideas on prices? i'm going to a swap meet next sat and i'm hoping i can pick up a tranny there. any help or suggestions are appriciated.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

even though the wheelbase of the two cars are diff. i believe the drive shaft length of a third gen is the same length as a fourth gens. i could be wrong but im pretty sure.