Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Can I add it ASR

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think you guys are forgeting that ASR can also be harmful. the system can sometimes be too intrusive and not allow you to pull out of a side street to get out of your own way. this has happened to me before and it was indeed scary cause the car refused to go forward even though i had enough traction to at least move slowly.

but.... ASR was important for the learning process of when i got the car in the transition from a 92 toyota camry to a ls1. i may have crashed my car a couple times had i not had it so i think its definately something beneficial. IMO its all opinion
Old 01-15-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
well you also have an A4. i also drove in the snow last night b/c it snowed in the middle of the movie i saw at the theatre. so i had no choice. it was alot of snow, but i could feel the car sliding a little bit, so what did i do? slow down, and drive carefully. this morning when i woke up, the snow melted a little and turned to ice. i have no ASR, so what did i do? not sit there and wish i had ASR, i just drove like a grandma and took it easy.

you dont need traction control to be able to control your car, you need common sense.
You're correct but I feel your ******* on the ASR more then needed yes you NEVER should think its a god save, but its nice if your forced to have bad weather just incase its not too dumb to hurt you and if you don't like it just leave it off. I drive quite well in powerful RWD with proper tiring in bad weather but I like knowing if i snag black ice i have not only me but if all else fails ASR to help keyword help not save.

Jimboss don't be a ***** to members trying to help..
Old 01-16-2006, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

Jesus, come on guys, what do you think they did before cars were computerized? They drove in the ice and snow with a light foot. I mean, I'm 51 and they didn't have all this stuff (ASR, ABS etc.) when I lived in Colorado back in the 70's and I didn't crash my car cuz it snowed or rained. I just drove sensibly even though I had a 69 Chevelle SS.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

I hate my ASR....Ive had i a few times where i race sombody or go to do a burnout and forgot to turn it off and it almost kills my car and i lose all power. But then again i dont drive in bad weather.

Quick Reply: Can I add it ASR