Old 01-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Camaro made in india

I heard this on the radio tell me its not true
Old 01-24-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

The new camaro hasn't even been confirmed yet, let alone made in India.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

It'll most likely be made in Delaware, alongside the Kappas..
Old 01-24-2006, 08:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

would the low wages even make up for the importing costs? I have no clue. hmm, what radio show where you listening too? I seriously doubt they'd make it in India. Now if they said Austraila, I wouldnt have such a hard time believing that. Reguadless, I will be very pissed off as an American if they make this car anywhere but N. America. (i know that sounded redneck and cheesy, but here me out) We need products made here again. America imports a **** load more than we export. Big US companies (ie Stanley-Tools, DeWalt, GM to name a few) are all outsourcing jobs to low wage countries with IMO low quality craftmanship. ****, even cut from the mold of god Toyota knows this. They're marketing the hell out of the fact that they, (a japanese company) are starting to make many more cars state side. For them, doing this not only boosts domestic consumor loyalty and sales, but it genuinly helps the American economy. This puts more of the money back into the US. If we keep up this trend of importing everything, even our own "American products," from overseas, our economy (our backbone) will crumble along with our #1 super power status. It seems many people neither know, or care about this. In the 50's you didnt buy somthing that wasnt made in America. I know in today's world where everything is made somewhere else it may be hard to do; but if given the choice, look on the back of the box to see where it was made. (and for another redneck statement>>> ) Buy American or go home. That seems a bit harsh and unrealistic, yes. But I fear that if we the people dont rally together in this way soon, our country could be in for some rough times.

Does anyone else's brain ever go on tangents in this way too?
Old 01-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nick04
would the low wages even make up for the importing costs? I have no clue. hmm, what radio show where you listening too? I seriously doubt they'd make it in India. Now if they said Austraila, I wouldnt have such a hard time believing that. Reguadless, I will be very pissed off as an American if they make this car anywhere but N. America. (i know that sounded redneck and cheesy, but here me out) We need products made here again. America imports a **** load more than we export. Big US companies (ie Stanley-Tools, DeWalt, GM to name a few) are all outsourcing jobs to low wage countries with IMO low quality craftmanship. ****, even cut from the mold of god Toyota knows this. They're marketing the hell out of the fact that they, (a japanese company) are starting to make many more cars state side. For them, doing this not only boosts domestic consumor loyalty and sales, but it genuinly helps the American economy. This puts more of the money back into the US. If we keep up this trend of importing everything, even our own "American products," from overseas, our economy (our backbone) will crumble along with our #1 super power status. It seems many people neither know, or care about this. In the 50's you didnt buy somthing that wasnt made in America. I know in today's world where everything is made somewhere else it may be hard to do; but if given the choice, look on the back of the box to see where it was made. (and for another redneck statement>>> ) Buy American or go home. That seems a bit harsh and unrealistic, yes. But I fear that if we the people dont rally together in this way soon, our country could be in for some rough times.

I totally agree with you on this. What good does it do to make a product cheap if the people your trying to sell it to dosent have a source of income to pay for it. Just my .02

And back on topic. I highly doubt the car will be made in India.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:30 AM
TECH Regular

I agree with you 100 % brother, more people should be aware. And we lise middle class jobs, the most important
Old 01-25-2006, 02:27 PM
12 Second Club

I don't care if they build it on the moon as long as they build it.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I honestly can't see this car built in India. Mexico , maybe. India , no.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't see the car being made anywhere except the United States or Canada. If it is made in Mexico, or India, or anywhere else for that matter... it will lose a ton of potential buyers. I won't buy a 5th Gen unless it's made in the USA or Canada.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Banned

ok cool just confirming I thought the new camaro was already confirmed for production so just asking
Old 02-03-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i believe it.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I couldn't have said it better. I don't think it would make any sense for them to make it in India. They would definately lose business, and I don't know that they could make it very much cheaper. Maybe I am wrong, though.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z-Convert
I don't care if they build it on the moon as long as they build it.
What a phucking ****!
Old 02-03-2006, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Car plants require a lot of land, and with the population in India being over a billion people, land is expensive. I don't really see it.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Not to mention the costs of shipping the built cars back here. That would chew up any labor savings by itself.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

what was you listining to, national liberal tree hugger radio? sounds like propaganda to get people to not buy them when they come out.