Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

vaccum leak?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vaccum leak?

ok so i recently bought a 2000 ss with a T1 cam already in it... i went and had it tuned a couple weeks ago at conley and when they were strapping it down i was leaking some oil from (what looked like) my front seal. unless the oil is leaking while i drive i havent' noticed ANY leaking since then. however, whenever i'm driving and i put it in neutral or just keep it in gear and have the clutch it... it revs up to 2 grand and i'm not even pressing the gas... and it stays that way until i slow to about 20 mph and then it drops back down to normal. it doesn't do this all the time though... just every once in a while. i never noticed it before i got it tuned though. i would think it's a vaccum leak... but any suggestions to how i could figure out where the leak is coming from OR... a way to tell if it is leaking from my front seal?? plus my gas milege before tuning was usually about 280 miles on a tank and now i've gone less than 200 and have about 1/8 of a tank left and i have been tryign to baby it. could that be cause of the leak or do i have gremlins stealing my gas?
Old 06-04-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it wasn't doing any of this before the tune you can't rule that out either. I'd try posting this in the internal engine section.

Quick Reply: vaccum leak?