Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Hp And Speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 01:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hp And Speed

I need to squeeze every ounce of HP and every MPH out of my LS1 as I can. so far im geting a true dual exast with high flow cats, a cold air intake and a, super chip. anyone got any more Ideas i just dont wana do anything as big as a turbo or super charger.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if thats all you have done, you have a long way to go (you make it sound like theres nothing else to do). there are hundreds of things you can do. start out by telling how much money you're willing to spend.

if you want to shave off time and gain mph at the track. start reducing weight for FREE.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

no I am just new to this arena up to this point I had trucks, and the HP and speed did not mater and I have no F'ing clue what to do.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

agreed. you have alot of choices. if you have an A4, get a stall and gears, that can shave off .5 sec in the 1/4. otherwise, just get sume nitrous. best bang for the buck. how ever, any and all suporting mods will help you out. id save the money on the true duals, and get a ory with a catback and get a cut out. then go long tube headers and an underdrive pully. you have an 02, so you already have an ls6 intake. do some research and look through these threads. save for a cam and a good tune. all the power in the world aint **** unless you can get it to the ground, so sum slicks or drag radials would be in your future. also have a back up suply of $$ for when you break stuff(rear end). the rest is up to you. do your home work and see what mods go best with what you want.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Tech Resident

First off: DONT BUY A CHIP!!!

Basic plan for makeing a fast F-body:

1. Airbox Lid
2. Exhaust (true-duals are best, but a cutout is almost as good)
3. Headers (pacesetter LT's are great for the money)
4. Stall converter (if automatic)
5. Gears (if manual or automatic)
6. Minor bolt-ons (intake, MAF, underdrive pullys, ect...)
7. Power adder!
A) Supercharger
B) Turbocharger
C) N20
D) Heads and Cam package

For alittle more indepth read:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/361959-so-you-wanna-fast.html
Old 06-13-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamesSS
agreed. you have alot of choices. if you have an A4, get a stall and gears, that can shave off .5 sec in the 1/4. otherwise, just get sume nitrous. best bang for the buck. how ever, any and all suporting mods will help you out. id save the money on the true duals, and get a ory with a catback and get a cut out. then go long tube headers and an underdrive pully. you have an 02, so you already have an ls6 intake. do some research and look through these threads. save for a cam and a good tune. all the power in the world aint **** unless you can get it to the ground, so sum slicks or drag radials would be in your future. also have a back up suply of $$ for when you break stuff(rear end). the rest is up to you. do your home work and see what mods go best with what you want.

nicely done james
Old 06-28-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah dont buy a ship, get a custom tune, from pcmforless.com or someone like that, i know they did a good job on mine.

Quick Reply: Hp And Speed