Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Hopped a Curb Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hopped a Curb Yesterday

I forgot to turn traction back on after coming back to my car at the gas station and it had just started to rain. Long story short I went over a curb at around 10mph after going around a circle and losing the rear end. I also hit a speed limit sign and put a 2nd crack in the driver's side fender.

The passenger side wheel hit the curb first. I drove the car home at around 10mph but the steering is messed up. I jacked up the car nothing is leaking. It appears as if the rack and pinion is still intact, the oil pan was not touched. The k member looks fine, the passenger side control arm is bent, I don't know about the driver's side. The tie rod/tie rod ends are still intact, but they may be bent as well.

Is there any other major damage such as the frame, unibody, or anything else that I have to worry about?

Last edited by marc1130; 06-25-2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your going to definitely need an alignment shop to look at it...how about your tires....whacking them like that can damage the sidewalls too I just glanced a curb while backing up in a parking lot < 2mph...ended up witha huge goose egg on my sidewall

BTW Nice graphics
Old 06-26-2006, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

So, let me get this straight... traction control would have saved you from this? How? Christ, I think Stevie Wonder could drive better than you... that's ridiculous... are you sure you weren't leaving the movie theater after seeing THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS 3: TOKYO DRIFT? I drive through rotary/round-about/circle jerk/traffic circles all the time, and I have no issues getting around them... Stop trying to drift!
Old 06-26-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry to hear that.

But that drawing is hilarious haha, you should get a job making graphics to recreate accidents.

Quick Reply: Hopped a Curb Yesterday