Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

induction question for a 2000 SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 05:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default induction question for a 2000 SS

i just bought a new 2000 SS with 12k. The whole thing is stock. I want to start with an new exhust and intake to make it breath better and sound better. What size throttle body should i get and should i get a high flow mass air sensor?
Old 09-10-2006, 07:58 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations! The K&N FIPK made 10 more rwhp on my '99 Z28 on my Mustang Chassis Dyno, all of the aftermaket cold air kits seem to produce similiar results.
The Hooker Cat Back and the Magnaflow Cat Back flow really well, and both have a great sound. I'd recommend either one of them. The Magnaflow is stainless steel and will last longer, and I doubt my $385.00 price can be beat.
Stick with the stock throttle body and the stock maf, they are hard to beat. I've repeatedly seen aftermarket maf's be horsepower thieves (money thieves as well...)

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...ro-Firebird%29 This link has many items that may help you out. Bob
Old 09-20-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Congratulations! The K&N FIPK made 10 more rwhp on my '99 Z28 on my Mustang Chassis Dyno, all of the aftermaket cold air kits seem to produce similiar results.
The Hooker Cat Back and the Magnaflow Cat Back flow really well, and both have a great sound. I'd recommend either one of them. The Magnaflow is stainless steel and will last longer, and I doubt my $385.00 price can be beat.
Stick with the stock throttle body and the stock maf, they are hard to beat. I've repeatedly seen aftermarket maf's be horsepower thieves (money thieves as well...)

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...ro-Firebird%29 This link has many items that may help you out. Bob
LOL,..OMG! What a shameless sales pitch!

Just start with an air-lid($100.). Don't buy a new TB or MAF just yet either. Hit up the Free Mods first,..such as Port and polish your TB, Grind down the TB-Stop a bit, TB Coolant Bypass, EGR mod to LS1 intake, C.A.I. mod to Air-Box. All thats FREE too as long as you do it yourself. Which isn't hard at all.

Quick Reply: induction question for a 2000 SS