Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

ok....here goes...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok....here goes...

so the story starts like this... I own a 2000 Camaro Z28 with a LS6 intake, and an mti lid. Here is my problem I got my car hooked up to some guy who has HP tuners and it shows that on a stock maf my car was only pulling in 3.5g of air in idle <------- really low!!!! and my fuel trims were very lean now I am throwing 2 lean codes on both banks. I have replaced my fuel filter, my pump is fine. but my egr was re-installed after the LS6 intake was put on and the valve from a water heater was used and siliconed in place and if the car is running and I move the hose I can actually hear a tiny leak is it possible that a tiny leak there can make me run that lean? and I have been thinking of ripping off all the egr stuff off my car plugging the hole on the ls6 intake and blocking off the exhaust manifold hole as well, but will my car run like poop afterwards I am pretty positive I am gonna throw a code after I do it. Will it make me run even worse, and do I need to get the egr code taken off the ecu right away if so why? any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED
Old 09-24-2006, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id block off the egr & take off smog pump wont hurt anything

Quick Reply: ok....here goes...