30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Paint Poll and SS Hood Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Poll and SS Hood Stripes

Alright guys and gals, spring time is almost in full swing and my third gen Iroc has been itching for some new paint. The factory paint is 20 years old, faded and chipped. Right now it is arrest me red, but I've been playing with 3 different color ideas to brighten up my Iroc. I either want to paint it SOM, but lately have been seeing so many orange cars on the road it has kind of put me off of that idea. Corvette velocity yellow, this is a hot color, more like arrest me yellow. And lastly is the Bright blue metallic that is in the topic also in this specific forum of the rare blue ss. Right now I'm leaning towards the blue because it is a somewhat rarer color and it has a brilliant finish that may just be what I want to set my car away from the crowd. Tell me what you think.

Also I have a question about SS hood stripes, I believe it was on the 02's, that the stripes would flow into checkered flags, does anybody know where I could find these decals? If not would somebody be so nice to take a few measurements so maybe I could draw my own up. Though I love my louvers, but I'm ditching my stock hood for either a Jongbloed hood or an SS. More than likely I'm going for the Jongbloed.

Give me some opinions on what you guys think, as soon as I figure out how to post pics I'll post some before, progress and after pics for everybody's enjoyment. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yellow! If you wanna be seen!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MESS
Yellow! If you wanna be seen!
yeah i'm leaning towards blue. i like to seen, but i think that yellow might attract too much attention. Think the blue would look good with the black to gray stripes?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the sunset orange metallic!

Just love the color! But if i was going to go with an orange, i would get hugger orange
Old 03-30-2007, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Just an option, but I think you should stick with colors that originally came on the car... I'm not saying don't change the color, I'm saying look at the colors that were originally offered from the factory on that body style and use one of those.

The reason I say this is because for every really sweet repaint I see in a non-factory color, I see at least 10 that the color just doesn't look quite right on that car. Its so easy to pick a color a shade or two off and it can make or break the whole paint job. The same thing goes for any non-original stripes. Then can go from cool to garish in a big hurry.

At the very least find another Iroc in a color you are considering and see how it looks then decide. Sometimes a color that looks great on one car just looks bad on another... even two similar cars. Another thing to consider is that a lot of times certian colors or stripes that look great right now, will look dated in the future. The factory look is usually the best over the long haul. I've seen some great paint schemes that are timeless, but they are few and far between.

There was a really nice factory blue that was available over the years on an Iroc (probably my favorite on those cars) and its fairly uncommon. It doesn't "pop" quite like the blue you mentioned, but I don't think its a bad color. If I had an Iroc and was going to change color that's the color I would go with (I have owned 2 in the past for the record).

But its your car man, you should pick what you want. If you want bright blue, or yellow or pink with orange flames you should go for it.

Just my 2 cents... good luck with the paint and post some shots when you get it done.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Som Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Paint Poll and SS Hood Stripes