Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

4th to 1st gen 67 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

exhaust is done, 3 inch with Hooker Super Comps. one of my rear brake cooling ducts is done. wire harness out of the 02' doner car is lengthened 3 feet on the passenger side and 1 foot on the driver side. i now have the fuel pump and regulator and should be finishing up the fuel system this weekend.

**i realize those are cynder blocks, they hold up buildings and my car. 2 jack stands decided not to and i'm glad i wasn't under it then**
Old 07-20-2007, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Which rear leaf springs are you going with. They look like dse. did you use their 3" lowering springs and mini tub kit? I see a lot of guys running 3 or 4 links but it's really hard to beat a properly set up leaf spring with some cal tracs. I see the EZ street cars pulling the front tires on street radials with the leafs. Your car looks great so far. wish mine was close. I'm halfway through the mini tub and have lost interest. however your progress makes me want to get the ball rolling. here's a pic of my disaster.
Attached Thumbnails 4th to 1st gen 67 Camaro-ryanstuff-010.jpg  
Old 07-20-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool project!

Looking good.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:21 AM
On The Tree

i used DSE's 2" drop with a 1" drop block so my rear brake would clear the parking brake cables. now get your *** back out in the garage and get to work, mines been done over 4 years now and it looks like it may drive this year and i'm super stoked about it. don't let it get you down because it looks like alot of work, it will pay off in the end.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Teching In

What are the steps to do the custom dash?? Thats badass
Old 08-03-2007, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 69snakeater
What are the steps to do the custom dash?? Thats badass
step one: drill out all the spot welds and remove old dash
step two: stand back and wonder if this was a good idea or not.
step three: realize how sick it will look and get back to work

i had to cut down the end of the steering column, best thing to do if you use the stock 4th gen column like did is start with where you want the wheel with the seat in. and once you have the column where it needs to be get help to hold the dash where you need it to be with the column and use alot of zip ties, then make your brackes from there. PM me if you want i have more pics of it.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Teching In

That step two is a pretty common part of any project at the end of the teardown stage.

I love your vision for the car, a little race, a little "hybrid" between the 1st and 4th gen cars.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

thanks moorepwr thats the look i'm going for.

as for an update not much has been done here in the last few weeks. i did get the hole in the floor from the factory shifter welded up and the new hole and shifter boot in. also the dash has all the wireing back in and my cluster is back with 0 (zero) miles on it, my driver seat back is here and the last of my fuel system parts for mt tank are on the way. here is where i'm at, i need to make 2 holes in the fire wall for the harness to go inside and come back out behind the engine to fix the droop in the harness.

Quick Reply: 4th to 1st gen 67 Camaro