Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No reason to rip on Supra engines, while I think the cars overall are vastly overated, the engine is superb. It's a German designed race block adapted for street use, and it makes alot of power.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBronco
ONE making 930 hp on PUMP GAS.
And that my friends is what it is all about.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think this is a sweet Build..... Prop's to you for going outside the box......

The 2Jz Motor makes crazy power that our stock motor's could only dream of....

The ricer comments from BADASS^%# really do make you sound dumb and you have
NO CLUE what it takes to make a 1000rwhp in a LSx.
Tiago and myself know because we have done it.......
This is a sweet build the ricer cooments and stupid crap going back and forth need to stop.....

Kyle
Old 05-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Kyle thanks for being diplomatic about this! We know we are, as a domestic builder.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
I think this is a sweet Build..... Prop's to you for going outside the box......

The 2Jz Motor makes crazy power that our stock motor's could only dream of....

The ricer comments from BADASS^%# really do make you sound dumb and you have
NO CLUE what it takes to make a 1000rwhp in a LSx.
Tiago and myself know because we have done it.......
This is a sweet build the ricer cooments and stupid crap going back and forth need to stop.....

Kyle
I was just asking for some "reciprocation", or to even the score by doing the same to one of the Nippon worshippers' icons. In other words, "insult" them by installing a "low tech hunk of 'Detroit Iron' (or alloy)" in one of their "pedestal rides", i.e.; a MKIV, Skyline or NSX.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dailydriver
I was just asking for some "reciprocation", or to even the score by doing the same to one of the Nippon worshippers' icons. In other words, "insult" them by installing a "low tech hunk of 'Detroit Iron' (or alloy)" in one of their "pedestal rides", i.e.; a MKIV, Skyline or NSX.
OMG heaven forbid a domestic motor ever gets transplanted into a foreign chasis, it wouldn't know how to act. lol
Old 05-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
OMG heaven forbid a domestic motor ever gets transplanted into a foreign chasis, it wouldn't know how to act. lol
The amount of torque a bored/stroked LSX puts out would turn most Nippon chassis into twisted metal
Old 05-25-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
The amount of torque a bored/stroked LSX puts out would turn most Nippon chassis into twisted metal

damn you're still at it?? keep making dumb and ignorant remarks..

have you seen the hp and tq figures of a stroked supra motor??

and have you notice that the bodies of these musclecars and alot of domestic cars are weak?? they all need to have support with any real power or else they will twist..

the import rwd cars on the other hand are very strong..my 240 handled more that 1000hp and over 800ft tq without any real support except for a 6 pt cage..and the supras..well, i dont need to brag
Old 05-25-2007, 04:01 PM

I think it's gorgeous - Great work on that car... Unbelievably clean
Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sc300
and have you notice that the bodies of these musclecars and alot of domestic cars are weak?? they all need to have support with any real power or else they will twist..

the import rwd cars on the other hand are very strong..my 240 handled more that 1000hp and over 800ft tq without any real support except for a 6 pt cage..and the supras..well, i dont need to brag
What the hell are you even talking about?? You're just pulling things out of your ***, you're saying Domestic muscle cars are "weak" and import chassis are "very strong"?? What planet are you from??

You're a total moron, I guess you've never seen a Camaro pull the front end off the ground at the strip?? Or you've never heard of a 800RWHP KB Mustang Cobra??

You have no idea what you are talking about, all it takes is one look under the car to see who has the stronger platforms.

You can brag all day about how your gay 240 had "1000HP", doesn't matter because its obvious that you are just a lying idiot. Maybe in your mind it had "1000HP", in reality it probably had 1/10 of that.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

What the hell are you even talking about?? You're just pulling things out of your ***, you're saying Domestic muscle cars are "weak" and import chassis are "very strong"?? What planet are you from??

You're a total moron, I guess you've never seen a Camaro pull the front end off the ground at the strip?? Or you've never heard of a 800RWHP KB Mustang Cobra??

You have no idea what you are talking about, all it takes is one look under the car to see who has the stronger platforms.

You can brag all day about how your gay 240 had "1000HP", doesn't matter because its obvious that you are just a lying idiot. Maybe in your mind it had "1000HP", in reality it probably had 1/10 of that.

Both of you are feeding each other on this one......
Knock it off..... no more warnings...

One of you is talking out there A$$ and its not the Import owner....

U sure need to do a little research....... anything can be made fast.....

Keep this on track....

Kyle
Old 05-25-2007, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

uhhh, there is video of his "ricer" 240 running 8's all day long, and his "ricer" supra running 9's consistentyl in full street trim. so sorry to burst your bubble, but it seems to me that you are the one talking out your ***.

but back on topic, i personally like the concept of the build, and think it was done very well. it should also be pretty damn quick once it is all said and done.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

interesting....not my choice but looks good

how much did all of this cost the guy haha
Old 05-25-2007, 11:24 PM
12 Second Club

it looks pretty cool, only thing idont like is there is too much unused space
Old 05-26-2007, 02:10 AM
11 Second Club

First off...awesome swap! Ignore the two idiots...unfortunately you're always going to have people who can't seem to think out of the box or accept things that they don't believe is possible.

That bay is RIDICULOUSLY CLEAN and as someone who makes every effort to keep my own bay immaculate, I can only bow down to that one.
To address these two geniuses...

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
Actually, it behaves quite well. Dare I say, better than any F-body. Sure as hell fits better too. Changing spark plugs? I can reach them all and takes me about 15 minutes. Pulling it out? Engine and tranny come out through the top just fine.

Oops...guess I don't have much time before it becomes a big twisted metal pretzel. Better enjoy it while I can.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

I'm not on anyones side, but I think the Japanese have it hands down when it comes down to having a majority of better handling sports car. The only car I can imagine under $100k that handles well is the Z06 only. We be dead meat with a Camaro or Mustang in a professional race series.

With a LS motor in a Supra it will handle much better than it would be in a F-Body. Sorry to break that to you. We've deal with both of these cars. If a LS motor could be put in a Porsche than its all over for everyone. hehe
Old 05-26-2007, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by evsmotors
I'm not on anyones side, but I think the Japanese have it hands down when it comes down to having a majority of better handling sports car. The only car I can imagine under $100k that handles well is the Z06 only. We be dead meat with a Camaro or Mustang in a professional race series.

With a LS motor in a Supra it will handle much better than it would be in a F-Body. Sorry to break that to you. We've deal with both of these cars. If a LS motor could be put in a Porsche than its all over for everyone. hehe
actually thats already been done. guy used to bring it out to one of the meets on the southside. had a supercharged ls1 in a slightly older model porsche (early-mid 90's i think) butt mounted engine. said with all the weight on the back that it dead hooked even on street tires
Old 05-26-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=cnichols]First off...awesome swap! Ignore the two idiots...unfortunately you're always going to have people who can't seem to think out of the box or accept things that they don't believe is possible.

Actually, it behaves quite well. Dare I say, better than any F-body. Sure as hell fits better too. Changing spark plugs? I can reach them all and takes me about 15 minutes. Pulling it out? Engine and tranny come out through the top just fine.

First off jack *** I'm not an idiot, the chasis comment was a joke. Second the thread is about a 1st gen not a 4th gen. I can change the plugs in my 1st gen and both of my 4th gens quit easily without any problems. Get over yourself and quit being so butt hurt, geez.

Last edited by Elite_Hot_Rod; 05-26-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by evsmotors
This is a "riceboy" comment/mindset/domestic stereotype if I EVER heard one!! Yes, I know you deal with mostly domestic platforms, but obviously, you know little about them, handling wise.
So, ONLY the Z06es can turn left and right and NOT the "regular old" C5/6, have I got that right, according to you??
Also, you've NEVER been to an open track/time trial event where f bodies (albeit, yes, modded for handling ones) were lapping ALL sorts of Nippon and Euro "exotica", have you??? Yes, the "driver mod" has a lot to do with this, BUT, IF the f bods were just soooo shitty and inferior, even THAT would NOT make up the difference, now would it?? BTW, that same said Nippon and Euro "exotica" was modded as well and in some cases on even stickier rubber.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

That's really cool.

And just a reminder that not long ago, there was another American icon that had a motor that was designed by a British company. Remember the Corvette ZR1, anyone? Was it sacrilege to put a British designed, non-pushrod V8 in the quintessential American sports car? I certainly do not think so

Quick Reply: Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP