Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant see myself ever doing this for some reason, and its not just the engine the exhaust note would be the worste part. NO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whytryz28
I cant see myself ever doing this for some reason, and its not just the engine the exhaust note would be the worste part. NO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although I do admire those who at least try to do something "different", yes, I agree, these rides were meant to sound like that (RUMBLE). I guess I understand that we are dealing with a "rice generation" here who were born 20 years after the last of that era's muscle cars, and grew up ONLY knowing/riding in/learning to love Nippon nameplates, so they have NO sense of history. It must be why they think the whooosh, ppsshhh, ppsshhh, chirp, chirp sounds cooler/better than a hallowed, bellowing ROAR.
Now of course some joker will come on and say, "oh, so you even hate on the sound of properly done LSx/domestic V-8 boosted setups??". My answer is, "NO, they are cool, at least partially because they STILL have some of that ROAR left in between/mixed in with the spooling!".
Old 05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
What about a Cobalt SS/SC, Soulstice GXP or an S R T 4 (series of question marks still comes up )? Do you hate American cars that have performance oriented four cylinders? What about a VW GTI?
Do I hate them?? Of course not. Do I prefer to drive vehicles like that though?? Nope, not my preference. Got a problem with that??

Those cars are just examples of what can be done with smaller engines. They are fun to drive and get better fuel economy than a larger engine would. They aren't designed to compete with real sports cars like a Corvette or Ferrari.

The Japs think that small 4 bangers can compete with real engines though. They don't use large torquey motors in their cars. Their $90,000 "sports car" is a pathetic 290HP V6. Their $35K "race cars" are 2.0 4 bangers. Hence I don't like Asian "peformance" cars at all.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Do I hate them?? Of course not. Do I prefer to drive vehicles like that though?? Nope, not my preference. Got a problem with that??

Those cars are just examples of what can be done with smaller engines. They are fun to drive and get better fuel economy than a larger engine would. They aren't designed to compete with real sports cars like a Corvette or Ferrari.

The Japs think that small 4 bangers can compete with real engines though. They don't use large torquey motors in their cars. Their $90,000 "sports car" is a pathetic 290HP V6. Their $35K "race cars" are 2.0 4 bangers. Hence I don't like Asian "peformance" cars at all.
Toyotas 5.7 dohc your veiws?

This should be interesting.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

Man, 7 pages of crap (stopped reading after page 3). Except for the pictures on the first page! Very nicely done guys. The build quality looks second to none. 1000 hp is 1000 hp, and not everyone builds a car to take it to the track. If I had tons of money, I'd probably be burned at the stake for some of the machines I would create
Old 05-31-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

me screaming---> "BLOODY MURDER! BLOODY MURDER!!!)

looks great. i am not a big fan of the 2JZ in the car. and anyone with money can get 1000hp out of one. it would be cool if you could get that mark from a chevy six or an iron duke. i dont know what the weak spots are on these iron blocked motors. but that would be more "original" to me.

other then that the cars look great. and you should show these cars to Chip Foose so he can see what part good wheel choice plays on the overall look of an old hot rod.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

i dont know i think its alright, just dont bring it to anything other than nopi. kinda like cowboy troy doing a concert in the south hahaha its nice to see different but are we ready for it?
i personally like the supras nsx's and skylines, they are sports cars for rich people or spoiled kids. i think GM's downside is offering a v6 firebird/camaro it cheapened it. imagine if they offered a I6 150HP enzo?
in the end it doesnt matter what some guy did on the track, it matters what happens in the long run like the LeMans races, time and time again u see the vette in the top5
the best car maker in the world is the germans end of that chapter
Old 05-31-2007, 03:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
OMG heaven forbid a domestic motor ever gets transplanted into a foreign chasis, it wouldn't know how to act. lol
I take it you've never seen a SBC mounted into a 240/260/280Z have you? It's even got it's own name but I can't remember it right now. Pretty common swap back in the 80's.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

That's really cool.

And just a reminder that not long ago, there was another American icon that had a motor that was designed by a British company. Remember the Corvette ZR1, anyone? Was it sacrilege to put a British designed, non-pushrod V8 in the quintessential American sports car? I certainly do not think so
He shoots! He scores!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroextra
oh yeah, if this is rice.. .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eKTdm0ZG6...elated&search=

then pass me the chopsticks.
I've seen this car run (I live in Tempe). Believe me, IT AIN'T SLOW!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

The 2JZ into the 1st gen ain't my cup of tea, but I'm alright with it as long as it isn't a significant model that was used. For instance, if some one were to take something like what I have (67 RS/SS 396 car with beau coup options) and strips it down to make it something it isn't I think I'd cry.

Other than that I admit it takes ***** to be as original as you've been with this car. I've thought of all kinds of hybrids for 1st gens but I don't have the talent, skills or $$$ to pull it off.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's an idea, put a Duramax in the camaro!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by whytryz28
dont get me wrong, it is not something i would ever do myself, i mean, i love having that rumbling exhaust note (hence the old nova) but i must give credit where credit is due, and this install deserves credit for being original, powerful, and being done extremely clean, not hack job style
Old 05-31-2007, 04:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSXNV
here's an idea, put a Duramax in the camaro!
they did it in a chevelle on puke my ride
Old 06-01-2007, 01:00 PM
12 Second Club

That's really cool.

And just a reminder that not long ago, there was another American icon that had a motor that was designed by a British company. Remember the Corvette ZR1, anyone? Was it sacrilege to put a British designed, non-pushrod V8 in the quintessential American sports car? I certainly do not think so
Lotus (and maybe Cosworth) had a hand in designing that powerplant, as you've stated. BUT it was TOTALLY built/cast/screwed together right here in THIS country, by AMERICANS, so NO, it was NOT sacrilege!! (and QUITE a different thing than putting the quintessential importworshipping fanboyz' powerplant in an AMERICAN icon!)
Old 06-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

Some of your guys are too much.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Lotus (and maybe Cosworth) had a hand in designing that powerplant, as you've stated. BUT it was TOTALLY built/cast/screwed together right here in THIS country, by AMERICANS, so NO, it was NOT sacrilege!! (and QUITE a different thing than putting the quintessential importworshipping fanboyz' powerplant in an AMERICAN icon!)
So by that thinking your american drawn up but mexican made 4th gen is about worse then a subie WRX that's made in here?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
So by that thinking your american drawn up but mexican made 4th gen is about worse then a subie WRX that's made in here?
Hey *******, 4th gens were build in Canada.

If you're going to try and say something stupid, at least be accurate
Old 06-02-2007, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Hey *******, 4th gens were build in Canada.

If you're going to try and say something stupid, at least be accurate
canada still isn't america
Old 06-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Teching In

that camaro is def different. i kinda like the idea that it a six cylinder. picked the best six to put in there too. i think the only flaw would hearing that car run. i mean its prob sound badass but im use to sbc bbc supercharged motors. post a vid sometime. great work on the fab part too

Quick Reply: Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP