Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Bassani Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bassani Exhaust

Hi, I have been looking around at different exhausts for my 98 z28. I was orginally gonna get an SLP LM but i dont think i am going to because i am a 20 year old kid and i dont really was to draw any more attention to my self. I was looking into Bassani, my friend has it on his 07 mustang gt and it sounds great. Does any one know if it will sound the same on a camaro? or close to it? also, does any one know what the differents between a Bassani BX exhaust system and the reg bassani exhaust. (found them on lmperformance.com). I am just trying to find out what the difference is and which will sound better because i cant find an exhaust clip for one on a camaro just a mustang...thanks
Old 08-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Launching!

well as the sound i have heard sound clips but dont remember where, i think there is a link here on this page i think someone will post it later, and yes it sounds good. now regarding the differences i really dont know
Old 08-17-2007, 06:32 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

I have the Bassani "Street Competition" system on my '98. I don't have any sound clips, but I can tell you it sounds great. It's loud enough to know you're driving a V8, but not so loud that people (and cops) will notice you everywhere. Just a nice deep throaty grumble that sounds great at idle, cruise, and WOT. No drone, no rasp.

It even sounds good with headers and a ORY, if you plan to go that route in the future.

I am not sure what the exact differences are between their various systems, other than the fact that the "street competition" system is the intermediate system volume-wise. "Quiet Thunder" is the quietest, and "Race" is the loudest.

Fit and finish of the system is great. Very happy with that. Though I found that I liked the system better once I cut the tail pipes down a bit to tuck the tips slightly further in. Very easy to do, since the tips are just a slip fit with nice stainless band clamps.

Here are some pics of the system on my car:

Old 08-17-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a link:

http://ls1sounds.com/bassani.htm
Old 08-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

thanks alot guys...those clips really sound great. Def. going to go with the bassani exhaust. not i just need to decide on which one.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1998ChevyCamaroz28
Hi, I have been looking around at different exhausts for my 98 z28. I was orginally gonna get an SLP LM but i dont think i am going to because i am a 20 year old kid and i dont really was to draw any more attention to my self. I was looking into Bassani, my friend has it on his 07 mustang gt and it sounds great. Does any one know if it will sound the same on a camaro? or close to it? also, does any one know what the differents between a Bassani BX exhaust system and the reg bassani exhaust. (found them on lmperformance.com). I am just trying to find out what the difference is and which will sound better because i cant find an exhaust clip for one on a camaro just a mustang...thanks
BX is their aluminized pipe. the regular is stainless steel. i have the bassani tru-duals on both of my cars.

here's an idle clip on my black car with a 408

http://www.stealthram.com/familypics...08/408idle.wmv

here's sound clip going down the track
http://www.centralfloridastreetcars....08nitrous1.wmv

can buy it from vinci
http://vincihighperformance.com/fbod...t.html#EXHAUST
Old 08-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have videos of my car w/ bassani true duals wots/sitting still and at the track. Just click my FQUICK link and go to my videos.

Quick Reply: Bassani Exhaust