Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Rattles, and what not...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 08:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rattles, and what not...

So I have been noticing that I have to keep getting all the rattles out of the car..
Is this normal for the 4th gen???
I have had car for 1 year, and I think my 3rd gen did not have half the rattles and noises I hear from my car..

I have fixed it all, but man it seems like the rear side covers rattle somewhere.

Just seeing if anyone else has same issues, and its normal..
Or is that from the racing I have been doing???
Old 12-29-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Resident

Honestly, I think it just varies from car to car and depends a lot on the history and miles. My '00 Z/28 was a rattle trap, but my SS is the opposite. Now that it's cold out, everyone in awhile I'll get a squek or something, but nothing like my Z/28 did. Of course, my Z/28 had about 20,000 more miles on it when I bought it compared to my SS (which I bought from the original owner and was well maintained)
Old 12-30-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The only thing that really rattles in the back of the car is usually the jack unless you have an exhaust pipe bracket that has come unhooked.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah my 02z28 just seems to keep finding more noises to **** me off.... the rear hjsa got to be my main issue... my window will to for some reason wwhen its all the way up at low speeds... y i dont fricking know... but i know i ripped all my jack and tire and crap out and dynamated the rear trunk area and it seemed to help.. i was thinking about dynamating the inside of the rear speaker panels and down behind the rear seats....

i also noticed the the exhaust vibrations on the driver side of the vehicle if u remove that little piece of carpeting... under it is a black plastic piece ot keep it solid... if u remove that theres a vent maybe 4inches by 2.5 inches... and with the exhaust vibration it makes the flaps on it vibrate causing a slight noise.....

Quick Reply: Rattles, and what not...