Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

anyone here done spark plugs on a 98 V6??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone here done spark plugs on a 98 V6??

A friend of mine is going TDY for a week and is leaving me his car to do a tuneup on. 1998 Camaro, V6 (tooo much powahhhh for me) lol anyways, i was looking at this thing and the spark plugs are BURIED under the exhaust manifolds!! You can only see the front plug each side, the other two are completely out of view. They seem almost unreachable from the top side, unless you remove the exhaust manifold. I didn't crawl underneath it to look from the bottom side, but it seemed like the kmember was directly underneath, potentially hindering an assault on the spark plugs from underneath. Anyone ever done one of these? Do you have to remove the damn exhaust manifolds to change the plugs or what?!?
Old 09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

You can get to them under the car, I did a tune-up on my old 96 camaro with a 3.8L series 2 motor in less than an hour. But I had helped a few other buddies with theirs a few times before I did mine as well. It's not too bad as long as you go from the bottom, it's pretty much impossible from the top. And you won't have to take anything off the car to do the tune-up other than the wires from the wires hold-downs....

But expect a few hours being your first time.
Oh yeah and all you need is a few tools, small hands, and a tool bitch
j/k

Good Luck

James
Old 09-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
You can get to them under the car, I did a tune-up on my old 96 camaro with a 3.8L series 2 motor in less than an hour. But I had helped a few other buddies with theirs a few times before I did mine as well. It's not too bad as long as you go from the bottom, it's pretty much impossible from the top. And you won't have to take anything off the car to do the tune-up other than the wires from the wires hold-downs....

But expect a few hours being your first time.
Oh yeah and all you need is a few tools, small hands, and a tool bitch
j/k

Good Luck

James
ok good to know. i'll park it in the garage overnight so it's cool, then i'll hit it from the bottom

Quick Reply: anyone here done spark plugs on a 98 V6??