Conversation Between TheBlueKnight and jessica trans am ws6
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. TheBlueKnight
    10-01-2009 05:22 PM
    I've heard of members on this site getting through winters in their Trans Am or Camaro. I personally don't think its smart to drive an f-body in the winter. Most people will advise you to buy a cheap front or all wheel drive beater car for that. I drive my 94 accord during the winter. So, if you are asking if you will make it to work or school if the roads have been plowed I'd say if you babied the hell out of it, and drove extra extra slow and careful you could make it if the roads are flat. The problem is when you have to start going up a hill, that's when the car is going to start losing traction and begin the spin the rear tires and possibly loose control. Now if you had a bunch of sand bags in the back and had chains on you would probably be ok around small hills and grades.
  2. jessica trans am ws6
    10-01-2009 03:55 PM
    . i wanted to ask u something about driving in the snow with the trans am ws6... Now by saying the car sucks in the snow do u mean like several inches of snow to be driving n or is it fine to drive the car if there was only a lil bit of snow like if the roads where plowed... what do u think of drive n the car then... we dont get much sno where i live im from north jersey.. just ask n b/c wen u say the car is terrible in the sno did u mean have n to drive thru several inches of snow or woudl the car b fine to drive on the roads if the roads where plowed.. and there was like barly no snow on the road..
  3. TheBlueKnight
    09-24-2009 09:43 AM
    If you HAD to go through a snowy winter with the car as a daily driver you could fill the rear of the car with sand or concrete bags to put a lot of weight over the rear wheels, and use chains on the rear tires with snow tires on all four tires. My car does pretty good on gas. I average 19 city and 29 hwy. Sometimes I can pull 30mpg to my parents house which is all highway.
  4. jessica trans am ws6
    09-23-2009 11:59 AM
    So the car handles ok in the rain, and the snow i kno isn't gonna be good to drive in. but is there anything you can tell me bout driving in the snow that might make it a lil easier? Would you say if the car is good on gas(v8) engine?
  5. jessica trans am ws6
    09-22-2009 07:09 PM
    Hey thank you for sending me those 2 videos.. you seem like the right guy to talk to. Thank you again and i will b keeping in touch with u in the future. jessica
  6. TheBlueKnight
    09-21-2009 09:51 PM
    The suspension is easy to change and you can do it by yourself in one day. I made a how to video on how to do it, check it out...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/K...all_688318.htm

And then the review...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/K...and_689705.htm

The Car kicks ass in the rain. You can get by in snow if you have too, but they are really terrible in the snow. You'd have to fill the rear with sand bags and use chains.
  7. jessica trans am ws6
    09-21-2009 04:28 PM
    thank you for replying to my message!!1 That did help me to learn more about the car. About the suspension and springs you wer talking about is it hard to replace and ad on good ones to make the car ride better. Now how is the car in the show and rain...
  8. TheBlueKnight
    09-20-2009 03:21 PM
    I'm glad I got the WS6 instead of a Camaro or Firebird. The Hood is my favorite part, as well as the 17" WS6 wheels. I also like the styling of the interior in trans ams better than the camaro. The Trans Am is just more wild and bold when it comes to styling, the camaro seems more contemporary. Things I like about the car is the power, very strong cars and a plurry of aftermarket mods. I love the Trans am Seats because they have side bolsters, that with a push of a button pinch you into the seat and hold you in. I love the "power everything". Power seats, windows, mirrors, locks, remote trunk button, t-tops are fun as well! I love the gas mileage as well. I can pull 30mpg to my parents. Also, if you put good shocks/springs/sway bars your car will handle extremely well.
    Things I don't like is the hydraulic system in these cars that can give you a squishy clutch pedal during wide open throttle, but can easily be replaced. Any more questions just ask, hope this helps. : )
  9. jessica trans am ws6
    09-20-2009 02:45 PM
    hi, i am currently looking to own a trans am ws6, and i was wondering if you cna tell m ewhat u like and dislike about the car. I am looking to use it as a daily driver. i also do like the camaro and firebirds to but i really am interested in this car a little bit more. So if there is anything you cna tell me about the car that be great. thank you jess