Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UK Project BMW E46 357ci V8

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 06:43 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your BMW is a bad sonnafabitch!!! Very nice.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unbelievable. I've wanted to embark on a BMW_LSX swap for some time, and I've heard horror stories about the e46 Canbus, and header saga. However, it look absolutely amazing with what you've accomplished. My rather green thumb, and lack of necessary utlities (Craig) would allow me to do this. I think I would go nuts lol. You've done a superb job my friend. I idolize your vehicle, and would love to do this swap
Old 06-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

Got myself some new Cades Tyrus wheels but they dont clear my brakes!

So today (well yesterday, today and a bit of tomorrow) I've made the Cades fit the front, well when I say I what I really mean is Craig has had to machine the calliper mount and wheel spacers (although he doesn't know this yet!) it sounds so simple when you type it but by the time it's all finished I'll have prob had the wheels off/on half a dozen times and the brakes even more so.

We've fitted some of the new Nankang NS2R's so I'll be interested to see how these work, I wasn't keen on the Cades centre cap so I ordered some BMW ones.

They look very chrome in the pictures but in the flesh they are less in your face but I may well have them powder coated silver in the near future.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:47 AM
On The Tree

This thread gives me hope of swapping an ls2 into my e90. Everything running on canbus is what I was told would be the biggest hurdle. From what you say, it can be overcome no?
Old 06-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mapleridge
This thread gives me hope of swapping an ls2 into my e90. Everything running on canbus is what I was told would be the biggest hurdle. From what you say, it can be overcome no?

It's no big deal either do as I have done and leave the BMW DME in and connect its sensors to the LSx engine or take a look at this thread http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1979316 although I'm not sure if E46/E90 uses the same can protocol Thaniel will know.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Not to steal any thunder from Blair, I got my motor in, not running yet, need to get the oil cooler lines ran, waiting for a steering shaft, fittings for the power steering and will need to fab an exhaust.

fighting with how to get the ac to work, everything else is normal as blair has said. I believe the coils and injectors just need to be grounded or tuned out of the DMEalong with a few other things.

How did you wire up the AC? I saw the write up in the thread you posted (thank you) but you said you didn't use the GM signals. Did you have to use a converter of some sort to get the DME to run the GM AC? I have been Toying with the idea of making a bracket to mount the BMW compressor.

It wouldn't let me post pics, I will do that later
Old 04-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

love the color of that BMW

Quick Reply: UK Project BMW E46 357ci V8