Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UK Project BMW E46 357ci V8

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bikealarmblair
Yes I still have the car for some reason the policeman didn't seem to appreciate my sideways antics......
I can't think why - they were damned impressive from where I was Glad I decided not to follow suit! (Only had the E46 a couple of days and still getting used to it, that's my excuse, anyway)
Old 07-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Nice build!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by aaronjb
I can't think why - they were damned impressive from where I was Glad I decided not to follow suit! (Only had the E46 a couple of days and still getting used to it, that's my excuse, anyway)

So impressive they took photos of the rubber I left behind are going to show them to some of their colleagues and someone called a judge.....
Old 08-01-2012, 03:24 AM
Teching In

Oh dear! "My foot slipped, your honour"..

Good luck - hire an expensive brief, I think..
Old 08-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Staging Lane

They weren't believing that it was an accident
Old 08-01-2012, 06:35 AM
TECH Regular

What brand tires are on that BMW?
Old 08-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

New wheels?
Craig machining my 9j Style 32's

Test fit with ballon size 255/35/18 pzero rosso

Old 08-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Well my ongoing wheel saga continues I know have my own Style 32 mountain....

While messing with the wheels I've spent some time looking at the front suspension I've had an irritating noise at parking speeds and over speeds humps which I've traced to the HSD drop links, they are rose jointed which is great for track but not for our pot holed roads and winters.

The problem is tho that they are shorter than standard BMW ones

Well by now you all must know that means Craig is going to have create again I ordered some replacements cut them in two fitted them to the car & clamped them together so Craig could weld them for me.

And all clunk free, the really keen amongst you will notice I've upgraded to E46 M3 discs too.

Apart from replacing a leaking oil filter that's all that's been happening apart from using it everyday it's done about 6000miles now.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:38 AM
Teching In

That's quite the wheel collection you have there! And I thought I was bad for collecting things like that

If I can ask - do you work in a garage/workshop? Oh to be surrounded by all those useful tools
Old 08-10-2012, 02:53 AM
Staging Lane

That's quite the wheel collection you have there! And I thought I was bad for collecting things like that

If I can ask - do you work in a garage/workshop? Oh to be surrounded by all those useful tools
I'm in wheel hell!!

I work from www.dynotorque.co.uk its a special place! http://bmwenthusiasts.co.uk/forum/vi...php?f=3&t=2183

Are you on M3cutters.co.uk?
Old 08-10-2012, 04:20 AM
Teching In

That looks like a fantastic place to work Must stop by some time when I'm up there!

Yep I'm on m3cutters, although I've been lurking without posting - I've not had the M3 long Well; I bought an E36 SMG M3 in May, and chopped it in for the E46 SMGII a couple of weeks ago - I may need professional help at this point as I seem to have caught a terrible blue and white battenberg bug
Old 08-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

That looks like a fantastic place to work Must stop by some time when I'm up there!

Yep I'm on m3cutters, although I've been lurking without posting - I've not had the M3 long Well; I bought an E36 SMG M3 in May, and chopped it in for the E46 SMGII a couple of weeks ago - I may need professional help at this point as I seem to have caught a terrible blue and white battenberg bug

I know that bug have a look on the bmwenthusiasts forum it's a lot smaller & friendlier than cutters, also there's a big bmw show on the 19th at Gaydon
Old 08-11-2012, 05:12 AM
Teching In

I'll take a look at t'other forum, ta Unfortunately I can't pop up on the 19th as I'm already booked to go see a mate of mine over in deepest darkest Essex - thought it about time I visit as he's been laid up after a back op for three months..

..it's a total coincidence that I'm visiting only now he's back on his feet and able to detail the M3 for me, honest!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

I'll take a look at t'other forum, ta Unfortunately I can't pop up on the 19th as I'm already booked to go see a mate of mine over in deepest darkest Essex - thought it about time I visit as he's been laid up after a back op for three months..

..it's a total coincidence that I'm visiting only now he's back on his feet and able to detail the M3 for me, honest!

Haha like you style

We haven't got your car in for a suspension tweak have we?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Oops, forgot to reply to this ages ago.. nope, you haven't had my car in up there

And it's currently immobile in the garage I got the SMG cog of doom last weekend and an SMG adaptation fails with "4th Gear out of range" - I'm told likely either gear position sensor or worn selector forks.. so my SMG may soon become a manual car.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

So today finally I got to fit my new AP 6 pot calipers and DS3000 brake pads, Phil from Dritworks sorted me out a deal on some performance friction 356 x 32mm discs.

Bolted them up

And ET viola

Old 04-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Found some pictures that were taken @ Trax's last year first one is my new fav pic of mine being stalked by Craigs 1017bhp monster!

Not sure who took the pics but Thankyou whoever you are
Old 04-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

Got myself some new vibra technics engine mounts

I was originally going to go for their standard stiffness but they decided I'd be best with the completion stiffness, I was mildly concerned they shake my car to pieces but I needn't have worried at tick over the car feels the same as normal infact if anything it's smoother and while I've not driven it yet the engine moves much less than before when its revved which was my aim.
while I was underneath I had to pause and look at my new brakes sad I know but that's me.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Teching In

what oil pan are you using and did it have to be modified to fit the crossmember?
i am about done building the motor i plan to put in my e46 and was wondering
Old 04-20-2013, 02:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bzara12
what oil pan are you using and did it have to be modified to fit the crossmember?
i am about done building the motor i plan to put in my e46 and was wondering
We used an FBody sump and the crossmember needed slightly notching.

Quick Reply: UK Project BMW E46 357ci V8