Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 4.8/4l60e project

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1995 4.8/4l60e project

Figured it's about time to start one of these. I'm really not expecting much out of this swap, but I'm thinking it will rip pretty good. Heres the rundown of whats going in.

Engine:
4.8 LR4
S10V8 poly swap mounts
Speed inc. tune
Stand alone harness
02+ Ls6 cam
Ls6 yellow valve springs
Ls1 intake manifold
C5 accessories
Lq4 coils
Truck pan
F-body manifolds
2.5" to 3" y-pipe
3" summit catback

Drivetrain:
Stock f-body 4l60e and torque converter
poly mount
7.5 rear w/ 3.73

Heres the truck

Had the engine set up to run on the stand. Just wanted to hear it run before I tore my truck down.

All cleaned up with the new cam and valve springs installed.

How it sits now

Cross member notched

Old rusty sending unit

New unit with high pressure pump intalled

Tomorrow I am dragging the truck to a friends house to pressure wash the engine bay and burn in the patch pieces on the cross member. Ill try to keep this updated as I go.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Looks light

Truck looks good, even better, without the mud flaps and the front license plate.

Hey Tony, didn't know you'll take so much weight off that truck, lol.
Should run good, i like to see, a lil bigger cam in there tho, and the ls7 exhaust manifolds....

Last edited by CAMSTER; 07-27-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks David. I actually had the mud flaps off for awhile but so much junk got sprayed down the side of my truck. It just not worth it to lose them. I might find a better looking alternative, but I still need to have something.

The first phase of this build is about as low budget as it gets. Down the road I am gonna run a bigger cam, stall, and some nice ceramic swap headers. For now that cam should really wake up this little 4.8.

Few updates. Got the crossmember notch boxed. Brought the truck to a quarter carwash to get the engine bay cleaned up. The engine and trans are mounted for the final time. Driveshaft is in, shifter is connected. Tomorrow I am working on getting my harness and ecu installed. Also gonna try to get my y-pipe fabbed up and my exhaust hung. Hoping to hear it run sometime this weekend.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

thank you fat tony. i have something to look forward to this weekend.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Well I got it running over the weekend. Only problem is the power steering pump is leaking. Not the lines, the pump itself. I am gonna be out of town until friday, but I'll get a new one ordered and will hopefully have it on the road this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLp422yfrv0
Old 08-03-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default S10

Hey Tony, is looking good man, the engine seats so low, it looks you could seat a tunnel ram inside and close the hood....Tony any chance you could make the front end removable? it looks so dandy to work on it like this.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

I have been making a lot of progress these past couple of weeks. I still haven't gotten to drive it yet, had several setbacks. Now I am hoping for this weekend, but the finish line is defiantly in sight.

I got the radiator mounted forward in the core support for extra room. The radiator that I was originally going to use sprung a leak while I was burping it. So I had to order a new one. Also the taurus fan I was going to use ended up being too wide to fit between the radiator and the intake elbow. Went with two 10" pusher fans instead.

Quick Reply: 1995 4.8/4l60e project