Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel System Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel System Question

Starting the tank/pump installation on my 72' Chevelle and have a couple of questions. Should the 4 vent lines going up to the separator and the separator be removed? If so where should the vent outlet on the electronic fuel pump be routed? Thanks

Skydude
Old 04-26-2013, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Are youn planning on using the original tank and exterior pump? If so you'll have starvation issues.
I went with the 96 caprice tank, ractronix intank pump, vette regulator.
I attached the tank vent th 2 of the seperator tank ports. On the line that goes to charcoal canister, I just vented to air with a fuel filter. Pics on my build.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...2-build-6.html
Old 04-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am replacing the old tank with a new FI tank and in-tank pump. I am trying to figure out if I should remove the 4 vent lines that go from the old tank to the separator behind the back seat. Also where to route the vent tube on the in-tank pump.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I left the Seperator in place along with the Charcoal Canister. the line are connected as they were facotory.

For the Canister, The Tank port is connected as usual. The PCV is open to the air and the Carb/Vacumn goes to the HVAP port on the intank manifold. I have had no issue. I was considering connecting the PCV port with a Tee in the Intake port for the LS PCV Port.

I also have been using a 95' Impala tank with the Racetronix pump and hanress. I would also suggest you upgrade the tank bunk head wiring and grounding of the B-Body tank setup.. I had grounding issue at one time. Caused the pump to cut out on me. I resolved it and all has been good.

IMO.. I you don't use the factory vent and setup.. you will need to plug and have some other type of venting system. Like a vent tube that goes High and has some filter on it. also to use a roll over valve. But those setup usually ends up with Vapor when you stop/park. and if you park in a garage. .you will smell the flumes / Vapors.

BC

Quick Reply: Fuel System Question