Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help mating richmond 5 speed to 4.8

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help mating richmond 5 speed to 4.8

Project is 63 corvette. Already have iron block 4.8l LS1 and a Richmond 5 speed tramsmission. I know I need to use 621 bellhousing. Want to use stock 06 GTO clutch and flywheel and also do hydraulic clutch conversion. Research says clutch master cylinder from 85 1 ton truck will bolt ritght up. But what to use for throw-out bearing, and is the GTO clutch assembley ok...Thanks
Old 09-18-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

Originally Posted by jdeuel87
Project is 63 corvette. Already have iron block 4.8l LS1 and a Richmond 5 speed tramsmission. I know I need to use 621 bellhousing. Want to use stock 06 GTO clutch and flywheel and also do hydraulic clutch conversion. Research says clutch master cylinder from 85 1 ton truck will bolt ritght up. But what to use for throw-out bearing, and is the GTO clutch assembley ok...Thanks
The GTO throw out bearing is designed to be used with a T56. You need to get a bearing that is designed for older style tranmissions like a Muncie, T10, or the Richmond. There are bearings made by Howe and Quarter Master that will work nicely. I am using the Quarter Master bearing but I have seen the Howe and it is nice as well, with some advantages over the Quarter Master. Check out my build thread for details and pictures.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ion-2-0-a.html

Andrew

Quick Reply: need help mating richmond 5 speed to 4.8