Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 mm high pressure a/c switch port

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 10 mm high pressure a/c switch port

Does anybody make a beadlock A/C fitting (-6) that has a switch port of this size built into it? I can find plenty of other sizes but not this. Docs Blocks has a braze in fitting and thats as close as I have seen. I'm using the harness that came with my '06 GTO engine and a Vintage Air A/C system. I would think that many of you have run into this already, and hope the answer is easier than it seems. I was unable to find a good answer searching the forum. Thanks for an help.

Blanchard
Old 02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem and took a chance by ordering a schrader valve from Vintage Air that goes into the drier. Of course the threads are different for a binary switch and the pressure sensor. If memory serves me right the pressure sensor is a M10x1.5. I carefully ground off the old threads and used a die to recut new threads. It almost looked like it was not working but it was still large enough to cut the threads and the pressure sensor screwed on. I pulled a vacuum last week and let it sit with no leaks but still have not finished charging it up for a final test.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did a similar thing to what 69 Ghost did, though I bought an SAE/Metric male to male adapter that threaed into the drier port. The other end threads into the GM AC pressure sensor. The -6 o-rings seem to provide and adequate seal (it isn't an AC specific adapter), however I haven't yet charged the system to know whether it seals or not. I'll have to check on the part number and source of the fitting I used.

Andy1
Old 04-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Here ya go!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...l#post18762686
Old 06-05-2016, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Andy1
I did a similar thing to what 69 Ghost did, though I bought an SAE/Metric male to male adapter that threaed into the drier port. The other end threads into the GM AC pressure sensor. The -6 o-rings seem to provide and adequate seal (it isn't an AC specific adapter), however I haven't yet charged the system to know whether it seals or not. I'll have to check on the part number and source of the fitting I used.

Andy1
Did the adapter into the drier work for you? looking for an adapter to screw my gm pressure sensor in so i can control only the idle. a/c and fans are running off the vintage air system.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are looking to control your vintage air system that is a complete VA system which means a FIXED compressor you want to keep the system you have and program the PCM to accept a fixed compressor type. The sensor is for a variable system that is not made to cycle. This info has been repeated over and over again. GM used different types of compressors on different types of vehicles. All types work. The difference is fixed compressors use a pressure switch that turns the compressor on and off. The pressure sensor is used when the compressor (variable) does not cycle. It controls the fan speeds. Both types will bump the idle and set the fans when programmed properly.

Quick Reply: 10 mm high pressure a/c switch port