Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Compressor

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Compressor

Can I use a C5 Vette A/C compresor on my 04 GTO LS1? Would i need a different bracket or do they use the same one. Also would the belt line up if i had to use a different bracket off the C5?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:07 AM
Launching!

Gto accessories are differant horizontal distance from block than vette i believe. If u need it, i am using a 04 gto motor in my 71 conversion and pulled off the original gto compressor and bracket yrs ago. Its a low mount on pass side and couldnt fit it in frame
Old 04-02-2012, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

I have my GTO compressor but i would like a compressor that has the line coming off the back instead of the side for better fittment.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Teching In

we are doing a similar deal. we were going to either notch the frame or have local machinist make a manifold for us (or both). then we could make the appropriate hoses as needed.

what about the rest of the system? should we eliminate the factory (71 lemans) suction valve assy and convert to a later model orifice and receiver/drier set up? looks like the factory set up on the 04 gto has the pcm control the compressor clutch based on high side pressure. what is easy way to deal with that? we have hp tuners if that helps to control the cooling fan.

Quick Reply: A/C Compressor