Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how did you guys block off your hydroboost?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how did you guys block off your hydroboost?

i parked my car at work today and after an hour or so i came back to a puddle of oil underneath my car... i popped the hood and it looked like it was coming from the ps pump.

luckily it was just a tear in the rubber cap that was placed over my hydroboost out. the rubber cap was put on by the previous owner of the lq4 or the guy who i bought my engine off of.

i was wonder how did you guys go about blocking off your hydroboost lines. simple or advanced fix - i just want to keep spraying oil all over my engine bay or run my ps dry in the future.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you talking at the pump the extra return line ?

or the act hydro boost unit its self ?

if just the pump side extra hose you can swap out the pump housing for non hydro boost unit no extra hose and or pinch line shut and braze it shut also mabye.

i just happen to be wanting a hydro boost pump housing and have reg non housing . send me a pm if you wana deal so we dont get in trouble here in this thread.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the exact same situation as the OP. My pull-out engine came with a hydroboost Saginaw pump. I put a rubber plug on the hydroboost return on the pump, assuming this was a low-pressure return. That is now spraying fluid under pressure. I can't easily get to it and I know it is a royal PITA to replace. Just looking for ideas on how to block it. Hose with a plug kinda thing. Is there a more elegant and/or robust solution?
Old 01-28-2019, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

IIRC, I just put a short hose with a plug (I believe I used a brass barbed nipple that I filled with solder to plug it). Hose clamped on both sides (The spring kind of clamps that you squeeze with pliers to open). It's held fine for a year+ on my Jimmy. Since it looks like this line would just be a clamped rubber hose from the factory, this would be OK. Turning 33x12.5 tires, no issues.

Quick Reply: how did you guys block off your hydroboost?